Notices

Everything Protein Powder

Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SultanaRana
Very cool, I'd appreciate hearing how it works for you. Thanks!
okay I have tried ON's Cookies & Cream and Vanilla Ice Cream and here's my thoughts when comparing ON & MGN.

IMO MGN blows it away in every way! Everyone I read about raves about ON but IMO it's crap and I just spent over $75 on crap.

I like MGN b/c when I mix it in my blender with ice/water & cottage cheese I get a thick milk shake type of shake. The taste is really good and sweet enough to satisfy you when you have a craving. I've noticed with ON Casein that mixes really thick (almost chalky) but the liquid separates from the ice, instead of mixing TOGETHER. I hoped that ON Whey would be different, well it's not too thick like the Casein but mixes the same, and the flovor... blah! The cookies and cream tasted nothing like a cookie, ice cream or a mixture. It tastes like protein powder. Vanilla Ice Cream, not much better, didn't taste like much of anything. I was amazed at how bland they could make a "flavored" product.

MGN makes an Ice Cream Sandwich, which should be close on ON's Cookies and Cream, nope, it also blows at away and has little dark sandwich like chunks.

I've also tried EAS chocolate in the past. It was okay, mixes okay and the taste wasn't bad.

Flavor and mixability, the only thing that I've found that comes close to MGN is GNC AMP Wheybolic Extreme 60. GNC AMP is VERY expensive and they don't offer many flavors.

Verdict: out of all the ones that I tried, I'll be going back to MGN.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 06-08-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

I like to drink Isopur from GNC the blue one is my favorite. One bottle contains 60 grams of protein. If costs approx $4.99 for one bottle. If you buy it by the case and get on GNC's discount program and purchase it within the 1st 7 days of the month you really can save money. I had the Vertical Sleeve Weight Loss Surgery and I have lost a total of 32 lbs since 4-19-11.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Bob's Red Mill all natural Whey Protein Concentrate. It's simple, flavorless, in a powdered form. 1/4 cup is 80 calories and 16 grams of protein. Flavor up the drink anyway you want.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Thus far the BSN products (lean dessert and sygma 6) are the best I've tried as far as taste and blendability goes. Lean is more protein dense - and a greater % of slow protein.

Best buy as far as price and quality is probably "milk isolate protein" from True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements. It has the 80% cassein and 20% whey just like regular milk. 110 cals/25g protein. Not excessively chalky. something like $8 / pound. They are a great bulk supplier as well. 5% off coupons are all around.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Smile ViSalus

I have been using ViSalus Vi-Shape Powder for almost a year. Yes, it is a direct sales company, but no I am not a distributor. I started using the product because a friend recommended it, and I am a customer. I absolutely love the taste, and it doesn't upset my stomach like some of the other products on the market. It is very low in calories..only 90 per serving. I use frozen fruit, the power, and some fruit juice. It tastes great!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

I like Optimum Nutritions whey protein not just for the taste but also for the quality you get. I think their whey powder comes in 7 different flavors! It's pretty sweet. Here's the flavors if I can recall correctly:
  • Chocolate
  • Vanilla
  • Banana
  • Strawberry
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Chocolate Mint
  • Mocha

I take ON post workout with milk and I never get bored of the taste. When mixing I try to stick to chocolate or vanilla, but I find chocolate mint to get great in certain smoothies. P.S. Mocha is to die for!!

Last edited by jargon62; 06-14-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jargon62
I like Optimum Nutritions whey protein not just for the taste but also for the quality you get. I think their whey powder comes in 7 different flavors! It's pretty sweet. Here's the flavors if I can recall correctly:
  • Chocolate
  • Vanilla
  • Banana
  • Strawberry
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Chocolate Mint
  • Mocha
I take ON post workout with milk and I never get bored of the taste. When mixing I try to stick to chocolate or vanilla, but I find chocolate mint to get great in certain smoothies. P.S. Mocha is to die for!!
Maybe I got two bland flavors... I don't think I'll be buying ON again. Which flavor(s) do you prefer? Cookies & Cream and Vanilla Ice Cream are FAR from sweet. Saying that I thought they were bland, was me being nice.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Lol my bad. I meant that it's sweet that they have 7 flavors compared to many other supps which have 2 or 3. I didn't mean that the actualy flavors were sweet. Sorry for the misunderstanding.. I do agree with you that the flavors are pretty bland, but I like the mild flavors, especially after a workout. I guess everyone has their own preference.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:42 PM
FitDay Member

my fav is actually nutrilite, i love chocolate the most. but they do have vanilla and its not that bad, can be a bit pricey though
heres a link to check it out

ya i bought a membership just so i can buy that stuff and the vitamins xD

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 06-19-2011 at 02:45 AM. Reason: removed like selling products.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

I like ONs Cassein, Whey and HydroWhey. Ive never had any issues of chalkiness or mixability; they always mixed fine for me. Cassein itself is a thicker protein and doesnt mix well with ice anyway so I stick with a shaker cup. For the price, amount of protein, low carbs and calories I like ON. They also have like 13 or 14 different flavors. All pretty good. Havent had MGN so I cant really compare it to ON. Im happy with it though. Until I need a change, I'll stick with it. When I want something different, maybe I'll try MGN.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.