Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
FitDay Member

I always weigh my vegetables raw and then cook them. Once they're cooked into a soup I can't take them back out to weigh each vegetable very easily. lol At least I imagine that would make a big mess with broth everywhere.

I like the taste of raw cauliflower and cabbage but I can't eat it anymore or at least I feel I should cut back on that, because I was told I have subclinical hypothryroidism so I read that I should avoid raw goitrogenic vegetables. It's a shame because when I was cooking them I'd eat some raw and some cooked and that was fun.
Rubystars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Just wanted to throw out this idea...I have never been a broccoli fan, but last summer a friend charcoal-grilled some, and it was delicious. It totally changed the texture. I'm in love!
PlainJane_ws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitday questions, food database