High protein dinner

Community
Notices

High protein dinner

Old 08-19-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default High protein dinner

Hello guys,

Please help me finding some good high protein, low carb dinner... when i see my calorie distribution, what I eat in the day usually brings me to good calorie count but not too much with protein... which I would like to cover up in dinner...

Any suggesion???

Have fun losing some ))
Old 08-19-2010, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by will_to_lose
Hello guys,

Please help me finding some good high protein, low carb dinner... when i see my calorie distribution, what I eat in the day usually brings me to good calorie count but not too much with protein... which I would like to cover up in dinner...

Any suggesion???

Have fun losing some ))
Obviously, the easiest way to add low carb protein is going to be from meat sources. But, since you did mention that you are already getting the calories you want, I might suggest ON whey protein powder. One serving of that whey powder provides 23g of protein with only 2g carbs and 110 calories.

Best of luck!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Good sources of protein are lean meats (chicken, turkey, pork, fish & beef ), canned tuna, cottage cheese, and eggs (hard boil them and slice them into a salad). But as Dave pointed out you may have to adjust the rest of your day to allow for the calories. You can add these anytime of the day to spread your calories so you are not eating a huge amount of calories at one meal.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Whey is good, I also suggest eating more fish. Fish is lower in calories, fat, and cholesterol than most beef and chicken sources. Try eating a variety of fish like salmon, pollock, tilapia, tuna, mahimahi, halibut. Cheese is also a good source of protein, its also high in saturated fats, so in moderation. Eating fruits/veggies instead of drinking their juices will also net you with a small gain in protein intake, along with fiber minerals and staying full. Its hard to just LOAD a bunch of protein in one meal, its better to just spread in throughout the day at all your meals, breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, all meals should include protein, it will also help you stay full.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by will_to_lose
Hello guys,

Any suggesion???

Have fun losing some ))
I upped my protein intake considerably by taking one scoop of whey protein twice a day. This gives 32g of protein and 164 cals. In addition, I mixed one of the scoops with 10 fl oz of non fat milk giving me another 62 cals but another 10 grams of protein, and the fat for all this was negligible - 220 cals but 42g of protein in total. I sometimes pour one of these servings over two weetabix or shredded wheat for breakfast and the vanilla one is nice mixed with half the liquid and poured over fresh fruit if you fancy a pudding. Alternatively, mix it with 0% fat fromage frais or yogurt. You need to experiment with what you like and be careful, some are much higher in calories and some have a lower percent protein content - in addition, some are sweeter than others so depends what you like. Enjoy!!!