FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Please help me with vegetables!! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/1417-please-help-me-vegetables.html)

jillstillrules169 06-26-2010 07:19 PM

Please help me with vegetables!!

okay well, to start off, i just dont like vegetables as much as i should. seriously. haha. my mom tries to get me to eat the but they are only a COUPLE that i will eat. i like salad, carrots, tomatoes (wether its a fruit or not...) cabbage, sometimes peas, maybe brocolli, but i really dont like it (unless its in Panda Express LOL)
so yeahh please help! is there a way i can enjoy eating dark green vegetables without getting upset that i have to eat them?
like a recipe or something?

my mom usally puts a combo of vegetables and some noodles with a sauce in it, but if i have to eat that everyday, i get bored. help! :eek:

sarkai90 06-26-2010 08:21 PM

We eat a lot of spinach in our house, whether it's mixed with romaine in a salad, or chopped up and added to meals. I also blend it into my fruit smoothies and it really doesn't change the taste much.

I'm not much of a veggie person, and I still can't eat them cooked. I have forced myself to try more vegetables to my diet, and you really can acquire a taste for them. I couldn't stand broccoli a year ago, and now I eat it all the time! Just try preparing them in different ways until you find what you like... raw, steamed, grilled w olive oil. Try the ones you don't like a few times before you give up on them, even if it's only added as an ingredient to a main dish. That's how broccoli grew on me. :D

Lizzycritter 06-27-2010 05:15 AM

Carrots can be chopped/shredded and mixed into a lot of things as well. I make my salads on a bed of baby spinach instead of lettuce. Frozen and fresh veggies taste much better than canned ones. Stirfry is a great way to eat veggies, there's edamame (soy beans), bok choi (Chinese cabbage, kind of a half cabbage/half celery with a mild flavor), broccoli, carrots, snap peas aka pea pods, cauliflower, green beans, baby corn, even spinach can be thrown in a stirfry. All kinds of peppers too, but I don't eat peppers, they do unkind things to my intestines :o. Add a little canned broth and cornstarch to make a light sauce, very healthy. You can add whatever lean meat you like or even tofu if you're brave.

1Selah 06-27-2010 12:58 PM

Have youever tried roasting vege's? OMGosh...heaven!! ;)
Sooo easy too. I roast cauliflower and cabbage and onions.....the list is endless to what all veges can be roasted. Just spray with a bit of olive oil and put in 350 oven for 45 min. or until tender....yummy!!!
I also grew a bunch of swiss chard in my garden this season.amazing how good it is. I just sauteed it with garlic and onions.......good stuff!