Notices

Protein Shakes/Smoothies Recipes

Old 10-09-2010, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Glad to hear it. I used the pumpkin puree, cup and a half of milk, spices, and vanilla powder to make a shake yesterday. It would be better I think if I froze the pumpkin, like in an ice cube tray or something. That would give it some thickness and make it colder. I think something similar with freezing applesauce and doing a milk/yogurt combination with cinnamon would be good too. Get creative!
Old 10-23-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

I order my whey and micellar casein from musclefeast.com :

Protein Powders

I haven't found better prices anywhere else.

I'd go with micellar casein for meal replacement. It'll leach amino acids in to your system for 8 hours. Whey, if used as a meal replacement, will last 3-4 hours.

Whey's fine if you have it with a meal. Pre or post-workout is fine too. Basically, you want to slow the absorption of whey by ingesting healthy fats (olive oil, fish oil), by adding fiber or drinking a shake with a meal.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Protein Shakes? Help!

I am trying to find a decent protein shake to have on hand. Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for? I'm not an athlete or anything, so what would be a good amount to have? Help please!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Check out this previous post. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...rs-shakes.html.
Lots of good info there.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:28 AM
Banned

Default Christmas smoothie

This is a good Protein shake/smoothie that takes the edge off of those Christmas sugar cravings and gets you a SPAM tone stomach:

Banana Protein Egg Nog Smoothie
Ingredients
1 scoop Vanilla protein powder
1 cup milk (Raw Milk is the best)
Half of banana
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Dash of cinnamon on top

Directions
Throw all the ingredients,except the cinnamon, into the blender and give it a whirl. Pour into a glass and dust with cinnamon. This smoothie has plenty of protein, good fats and enough carbs to keep your brain running right. If you have issues with milk,or would like to increase your good fats, use 1/4 cup of coconut milk and 3/4 cup of water instead.

For more great recipes and tips on a SPAM flattened stomach visit SPAM.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-18-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

I do a very similar shake with coconut milk and also add a couple teaspoons of cocoa powder (unsweetened, not the hot chocolate mix!) Very yummy and satisfies that chocolate craving!

Your title made me think it would also be yummy to try something made with peppermint, which is a flavour I personally associate with Christmas. I think I'm going to have to experiment...
Old 12-01-2010, 03:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default Protein shake for a meal

I suppose it is a matter of opinion, but I am eating small meals every few hours. Would a protein shake suffice as one of my ''small meals'' or should I eat something with it? I've been told protein shakes are a good way of making you feel full, so I feel like that might be a good route to go...
Just curious of opinions if anyone else is trying to keep their metabolism up with small, constant meals.
Thanks!

--Sarah
Old 12-01-2010, 09:03 PM
FitDay Member

I eat small meals too, and will sometimes have a protein shake in replacement of a meal. Though as my budget is quite tight I only have them directly after I've trained.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Protein shakes are a convenient way to spread your calories and get the protein you need. You don't need to eat anything with it. Make sure you're getting enough fruits and vegetables or supplementing so you aren't deficient in vitamins and minerals.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

The protein shake does you the most good right after a work out, so if that works as a meal, go for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.