Notices

Need help reaching bulking calories

Old 06-14-2010, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Need help reaching bulking calories

well im going to bulk this summer, and only got a few weeks left before i start, so i searched up on a few sites and said i need to eat a lot of sites say 3000 and some say 3500. I need help to find out my calorie intake.

My stats:

6'3
Last time i checked weight was 161
Working out 3 days a week in the summer

Also if someone can tell me the amount of calorie intake i need daily and also help with a good diet i can do, i would really appreciate that
Old 06-14-2010, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Sarusan,

I'm 24 and 6' flat, at 165lbs. You're metabolism is probably way faster than mine by now, but I'm thinking we could be similar in many ways. What type of training are you doing? More bodybuilding type or strength type? Total body or split? I'm thinking 3000 is probably spot on for bulking, get over 3400 and you're looking to add quite a bit of fat in addition to your muscle.

The short version says get lots of protein and fat throughout the day, and position your carb intake before and after your training.

Let me know how you do. Good luck.