Notices

Logging in recipes ???

Old 01-08-2015, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Logging in recipes ???

Hi everyone,I'm new to the site & can't find a way to log in multiple ingredients to form a recipe so I don't have to re-log them every time I make the same dish. Am I missing something ? Please help.....thanks
Old 01-08-2015, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Use the recipe calculator on SparkPeople. This is the only one I've found that doesn't require a log-in. It takes a little practice to learn the ins and outs, but it works great.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Greasygal, here's how I enter a recipe as a custom food:

I advance to the next day of the FitDay food log/food tracker and record all the ingredients there. Great thing is that it calculates all the food and nutrition for you.

When you have it all finished, you can enter it as a custom food.

Sometimes I enter the entire recipe so that if I eat say 1/6 of the recipe as a serving, I convert the fraction into a decimal as .17 serving in my daily food log.

Other times I may measure or weigh the recipe I cooked, and in the custom food entry note in the title how much the recipe yields in ounces or weight. Then do the math, BEFORE entering it as a custom food.

I hope that helps.

Be sure to erase the entire recipe entry from the blank food log you used.