FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Does Coffee Assist You to Lose Weight? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/11587-does-coffee-assist-you-lose-weight.html)

ArnoldDocce 12-12-2014 05:45 PM

Yes Pure Coffee Beans Extract obviously works because it's have Chlorogenic Acid which helps to burn sugar and glucose thus leads you towards abrupt weight loss.You should try this, it's amazing.

larry512 12-12-2014 05:52 PM

Does Coffee Assist You to Lose Weight?

As a proponent of weight reduction through smart nutrition and exercise, I tend to look the other way when it comes to diet pills. I know they can be effective, but they tend to be used as a crutch for a poor diet.

Coffee is different though. It’s an all-natural caffeinated drink derived from the coffee bean. It’s been shown to have many health benefits, but what about weight loss? Does coffee help you slim down?

What are the Effective Fat Loss Ingredients in Coffee?

Caffeine - Caffeine is a stimulant found in coffee that acts on the central nervous system (CNS). It causes a discharge of the neurotransmitters dopamine and epinephrine (adrenaline). The latter causes a boost in the mobilization of fatty acids. Caffeine intake is associated with fat loss through thermogenesis and fat oxidation.

Chlorogenic Acid - Chlorogenic acid is a polyphenol antioxidant within coffee. This antioxidant reduces blood glucose and insulin levels after after a meal. By slowing the discharge of glucose and keeping insulin levels low, you create a more favorable metabolic environment for releasing fatty acids.

Quinides - Quinides are just one of potentially dozens of beneficial chemical compounds in coffee. Quinides have a positive effect on blood glucose disposal, and they make your cells more responsive to the effects of insulin - effectively improving your insulin sensitivity.

How Does Coffee Help You Slim Down?

Fat Oxidation - Fatty acids are sent to your mitochondria to be oxidized and converted to ATP so they can be used for energy. Coffee causes a boost in fat oxidation.

Thermogenesis - Thermogenesis is the production of heat in the body. The creation of heat uses calories and causes a boost in energy expenditure. The caffeine in coffee causes a thermogenic response that leads to additional calories expended over time.

Appetite Suppression - Controlling hunger is one of the major goals when undergoing a weightloss routine. Coffee causes a decrease in hunger and an boost in satiety after a meal. This curbing of your appetite results in a reduction in calories consumed over the course of the day, and lowers the chances of binge eating.

I prefer Green-Fu. Its all natural with its Moringa and Organic Green Bean Coffee Extracts.

Kathy13118 12-13-2014 03:25 AM

Before taking a supplement for weight loss, talk to your doctor. At the very least, you may be wasting your money. At the most, you may be harming your health.

prime357 12-14-2014 03:52 PM

What a terrible recommendation. Diet pills never work well enough to justify the price. Their effect is minimal and usually based on pseudo-science.

JaylinThorne 01-15-2015 08:17 PM

How many cups of coffee can a person drink to lose weight?
I don’t think it’s a good guidance; however it may perhaps assist in losing weight as you said but has a lot of side effects at the same time.

CandiHoward 01-19-2015 01:39 PM

Does Coffee Assist You to Lose Weight?

Hi, everyone :) I am a coffee lover and usually have it twice a day. In my opinion, I believe that coffee contains caffeine and this is the reason why they warn me from drinking it too much. I haven't heard that it can assists to lose weight because if it is true then I should be fit by now:)

eddywarston 02-15-2015 11:10 PM

The coffee gives relief from several thing but it does not control cholesterol. The high amounts in unfiltered coffee, cafestol and kahweol, have been found to actually raise cholesterol levels.

stevesdavid 04-14-2015 11:37 PM

Excessive coffee can lead to increased stress levels and insomnia, both of which can lead to overeating. Try to cut your coffee consumption to just 1 or 2 cups per day.

MarjorieHemingway 04-22-2015 03:20 PM

The problem with coffee that we drink today is that it is full of fat and sugar. Take a tall starbucks drink how much milk is in there? what about sugar? BUT ... I LOVE IT!

queruloussend 04-22-2015 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by MarjorieHemingway (Post 115739)
The problem with coffee that we drink today is that it is full of fat and sugar. Take a tall starbucks drink how much milk is in there? what about sugar? BUT ... I LOVE IT!

If you're going to get your everyday coffee fix from Starbucks that would not help you to lose weight it will also result to bankruptcy :D Just make one for yourself, a little sugar and creamer that would do.