Recipe Makes 6-8 Servings (The recipe said 1 serving is 1.5 cups, but I figured only on 1 cup. That was enough to fill me up)
Add in 20 Minutes Before Cooking Time Ends:
- 3 medium carrots, chopped (or 4 small or 2 large)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large clove shallot, chopped
- 2 cups dry green lentils (rinsed)
- 8 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 head of Swiss Chard, cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces (I used baby spinach)
- 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Chop carrots, celery, onions and garlic with a food processor (just a couple pulses) and put in pot.
- Pour in stock (I used low sodium chicken stock instead of vegetable stock)
- Add lentils, tomatoes, bay leaf and thyme.
- I added the rest of the ingredients after cooking on high for 4 hours (6-8 on low) and let the spinach wilt.
Amount Per Serving (For 1c cooked lentils. I think the vegetables, as little as there is in a serving, is negligible and I didn't know exactly how much of each thing would be in a scoop.)
Calories 160.0, Calories from Fat 119.3g, Fat 13.3g, Saturated Fat 1.7g Polyunsaturated Fat 2.6g, Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g, Sodium 430.0mg, Potassium 640.0mg, Carbohydrate 36.7g, Fiber 14.5g, Protein 16.4g