Notices

The bomb chicken salad

Old 03-10-2014, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default The bomb chicken salad

Either on a sandiwch or on a bed of lettuce, either way I created a fantastic recipe. This makes 8 servings.
  • 4 small chicken breasts, cooked, slightly chopped in a processor, shredded, or cut very finely
  • 1/3 c Miracle Whip
  • 1/3 c Hellman's (I like the way the two taste combined, but if you prefer one or the other, go for it)
  • 2 stalks celery, sliced down the stalk 2 or times and then sliced to make small pieces
  • about 12 grape tomatoes, quartered
  • 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped super fine (I put mine in my mini processor)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp ranch dressing mix
  • salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything together and voila. I had mine on a Hungry Girl Whole Wheat with Flax Flatout Foldit bread (flatoutbread.com to locate a store near you that sells it). I weighed my chicken to 4 oz, but some of the other sandwiches were a little smaller. So the stats here are for 4 oz of chicken on the sammie. (When I say 8 servings above, that was 4 oz of chicken on 2, and probably not quite as much on the other 6. If you want them to be all the same, I would say each could probably have 2.75-3 oz each.) Including the bread it came to 275 calories, 9 net carbs, 12.4g fat and 31g protein. You can go even lower calories by using reduced fat mayo, but I prefer the taste of regular.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Your recipe sounds yummy Jenai! The full fat and processed mayonaise could also be reduced or replaced by using 0% Greek Yogurt. Yum!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Yum! I could make that with just the ranch dressing since I have to watch my consumption of mayo and Miracle Whip.

I'm making chicken tonight, so my lunch tomorrow will be chicken salad on a Foldit. I'll bet that garlic powder and tomatoes make the chicken salad especially tasty. Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-12-2014, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up for this chicken salad!

I had some chicken leftover from last night and enjoyed this for dinner tonight on a 100% Whole Wheat With Flax Flatout Foldit. I'm so glad I didn't have any bread with lunch. YUM!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Banned

Thank you for this sharing. This is very usefully for me
Old 04-19-2014, 06:35 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds delicious. I have eaten chicken many times but never as this one. It's healthy too, i presume.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:15 PM
Banned

Thank you for this sharing. This is very usefully for me
Old 05-08-2014, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

I can't believe how low calorie this is. Sounds good. Thanks for the idea.