||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|01-17-2014, 02:03 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Recipe - Spaghetti and Meatballs
Yet another great recipe from Weight Watchers "Take-Out Tonight" cookbook. This is a great cookbook that I've got many good recipes from! It's a great one to having in your cookbook arsenal!
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Makes 10 Servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound ground skinless turkey breast
1/2 pound lean ground pork (10% or less fat)
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned dried bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
2 egg whites
1/4 cup fat-free milk
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves, or 2 teaspoons dried
3/4 pound spaghetti
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 10 x 15-inch jelly-roll pan with non-stick spray; set aside. (I use a foil line cookie sheet for easy clean up)
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in the oil, then add the onions and garlic, Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 7-10 minutes.
3. Combine the turkey, pork, bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, egg, egg white, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and half of the cooked onions and garlic in a large bowl. Shape into 20 balls and place in a single layer without touching each other on the jelly-roll pan (or prepared cookie sheet). Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
4. Bring the tomatoes and the remaining half of the cooked onions and garlic to a boil in a large saucepan; add the meatballs. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the meatballs are cooked through, 18-20 minutes. Stir in the oregano.
5. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according package directions; drain. Toss the spaghetti with the meatballs in a large serving bowl and serve with the shaved Parmesan.
Per serving (2 meatballs with a generous 3/4 cup spaghetti and sauce): 319 Calories, 5 g Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 72 mg Cholesterol, 602 mg Sodium, 41 g Carbohydrate, 4 g Fibre, 27 g Protein, 143 mg Calcium, 6 Points (old points system...not the current points system)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|