Notices

Great Receipes and What I've Discovered

Old 02-01-2014, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Great Receipes and What I've Discovered

Great recipes! Keep 'em coming. I was searching the internet and found a drink I'm now crazy about. The place is called cafecolate (a .com) and they have a patent pending on the coffee drink made with ground cacao nibs and coffee. They told me that their grind is proprietary but allows for the best extraction of most of the goodies from the cacao. I like coffee but can get the jitters with too much and too much acid can really bother me. I sent them a long list of questions and got pretty much this: they use wild grown beans, obviously far beyond organic and something I thought was way cool, that are low acid, chosen to be relatively low in caffeine, and roasted lightly. Being a home roaster for a long time now and knowing my coffees I know that this all means lots less caffeine than most coffees. They said that decaf will also be available very soon. This was a few weeks ago so it might already be there. I got some and went nuts over it! Whomever answered me said to try it with creamer - milk, 1/2&1/2, cream, whatever - and sweetener and discover that it becomes a totally different drink versus served black. I usually use monkfruit which is Lo Han at the health food store or Nectresse at my grocery store. Wow, they were right, totally different, really good, and my version has pretty close to zero calorie add. I am so addicted to this stuff, black or "treated"!

So, I no longer drink regular coffee due to the health benefits of cacao!