Notices

Salad bad before bed?

Old 01-11-2014, 08:22 PM
FitDay Member

Question Salad bad before bed?

It's late and I'm hungry, so I made a salad. But now I'm tired and feeling guilty is it bad to eat salad before bed?!? It has home made dressing that's 40 calories a tbsp and i used maybe 2 tbsp, half a cup lettuce, 2 thin slices of white onion, one medium side slice of tomato, 2 small mushrooms chopped, and half a small bell pepper with cayenne Chilli pepper on top drizzled with lime. Is that too much?
Old 01-12-2014, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

If it doesn't put you over your calorie limit for the day, I don't think eating a salad at bedtime is going to be a bad thing....
Old 02-05-2014, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

it cant harm , and it will help your digestive transit .
Old 02-16-2014, 09:43 PM
FitDay Member

i am agree with miss clara. it will not harm you.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default 2-3 hours or Calorie Balance Eating Before Bed

Most websites that I have read you should not consume food, drink between 2-3 hours before you go to sleep.
Eating, drinking without that window may result in weight gain, poorer sleep, bathroom visits according to the articles.

Others suggest it's the intake vs burned and does not matter as long as you are in your range for your objective (loss, gain).

How Many Hours Before Bed Should You Stop Eating for Healthy Digestion? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-17-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: link to website
Old 05-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Banned

In the event it doesn't fit people around the calorie restriction of waking time, My partner and i don't even think ingesting the greens from bedtime is going to be a negative point....