Notices

Fast Food Free

Old 05-04-2010, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fast Food Free

Since I started my weight loss journey (a little over a month ago) I have not had one bite of fast food. NO McDonald's, no Burger King, no Wendy's etc. This might be the longest I've ever gone without stopping to grab some lunch at one of the big chains!

I'm not going to lie, I do still crave a regular hamburger and small fries from McDonalds with some sweet and sour sauce to dip my fries in, but somehow I have resisted the temptation.

How is everyone else doing with fast food? Do you cave occasionally or eat a healthier choice if presented with fast food being the only option?

What are your methods to keep away?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

I've stayed away from fast food for over a year now, but last week there was a pizza party in the office...
I gave in and had 1 piece of pepperoni pizza and became ill a couple minutes later- I knew it would happen, but I just had to find out.
So for me, my motivation against Fast Food is stomach illness from all the over processed, fatty, grezzy,salty, starchy ingredients they call food
Old 05-04-2010, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

I haven't had any fast food in 1 yr and 4 months . IF fast food is the ONLY option for someone (which I find hard to believe), then grab a salad and leave off the fat dressing.

I am motivated by the fact that for a very few minutes of enjoyment- I would have to work days to get it off!

Last edited by showmenow; 05-04-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

I eat fast food once a week. My kids have a regular play date at McDonald's every Friday. At first it was absolutely killing me to go there and get the salad, but now I actually look forward to it. I get the bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken and the balsamic vinegarette dressing, total it's like 280 calories, and pretty close to what I might make at home. I know some of you are thinking that the kids are getting horrible food, and that's true. But during the winter around here there are not many options for kinder-recreation, our McD's has a playland. So the kids get a bad fast food lunch and a quality cardio workout running around with their buds. Believe me, after you've been cooped inside with 3 young children for days on end because it's too cold to go outside for more than 10 minutes, a little bit of fast food is worth the trade off just to get them a little worn out.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

I haven't had a burger and fries in months, honestly couldn't tell you how long it's been. I do still grab fast food occasionally, maybe once every week to every other week, usually when it's been a crazy busy workday and I'm running late. The hubs has many talents, but cooking ain't one of them. It's usually Subway since that's on the way, occasionally Taco Bell, but that's out of my way. Surprisingly you can get some fairly decent stuff at Taco Bell, especially if you order off the fresco menu. I used to go to Wendy's a lot, but they've really gone downhill as far as healthy choices go. I still have 2 pizza places and the chinese restaurant in my cel phone, I used to order it on my way home and it would be ready as I drove by. Haven't done that in ages either.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you guys for all your input!

My boyfriend (who had always been a huge fast food guy) stopped eating fast food entirely at the beginning of the year after a terrible bout with food poisoning from Arby's. Seeing him wicked sick and the lack of him getting fast food since then has definitely helped me resist!

I'm actually feeling healthier and my wallet is feeling better too!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

I find fast food tastes really greasy after being away from it for awhile so when I do splurge on occasion, it really isn't that good. Since I didn't enjoy it all that much, it takes a lot longer before I get a craving again. In fact, if I go it's more out of convenience than cravings anymore. Although I am still not to the point where I chose a salad over a cheeseburger! Thankfully I don't go often so that's probably okay; the last time was probably 2 months ago.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

That is how i got fat in the first place was eating fast food. I am never going to eat fast food again, there are way too many options out there and it has been 6 months now and i don't miss it one bit. My goal is to be healthy not just a good weight.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

I've collected all the nutritional pamphlets from the fast food restaraunts in my area. Whenever I want burger king or mcdonalds, I just study the pamphlet.....usually stops the craving dead in it's tracks. Did you know McDonalds french fries are 500 calories. Now picture the pile of veggies you could eat to get 500 cal.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dizzy_44
I've collected all the nutritional pamphlets from the fast food restaraunts in my area. Whenever I want burger king or mcdonalds, I just study the pamphlet.....usually stops the craving dead in it's tracks. Did you know McDonalds french fries are 500 calories. Now picture the pile of veggies you could eat to get 500 cal.
That is where i am at now. Instead of the burger and fries for 900 calories, i can have the most gourmet seafood and vegetable dinner out there. And it is cheaper too!!

The money i use to give to big corporations and their fast food just to make me fat is another reason not to eat their again! The money i have saved since starting is amazing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.