Notices

Fast Food Free

Old 06-28-2010, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

I also used to eat fast food way too regularly. Nachos from the local taco shop at least once a week, taco bell a couple times a week, McDonalds just about every Saturday night after drinking, and several "snacks" from the Wendy's drive-thru throughout the week (I do believe those new 99 cent mini burgers were my undoing).

I started Atkins, so fatty/salty burger cravings can easily be solved by just making the patties with real cheese at home, and when I am just too lazy to cook them, I just get a couple of "flying dutchmen" from in-n-out. These are just the burgers and cheese with no bread or toppings. I have to admit that I still really crave some taco bell bean burritos though, and once I am finished with induction phase on this diet I am going to have to figure out some kind of low carb alternative for a bean burrito.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________
stats, inspired by Ron

Male, 6'0" tall, 37 y/o

Starting weight, 4/19/10 (started Atkins) = 287
6/16/10 (finished Atkins book & started Fitday) = 261
latest weight 6/28/10 = 255
mini goal (wedding) 9/4/10 = 220
ultimate goal for lifetime maintenance by 4/19/11 (one year mark, 100 pounds loss) = 187
If I can acheive this goal, it will be my lightest weight since high school

Last edited by davej323; 06-28-2010 at 11:13 AM. Reason: add stats, great idea Ron!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
FitDay Member

I rarely hit the drive thru, but if I do, I'll get something like a chicken sandwich w/o mayo, and it's only a few hundred calories. I can't do fast food salads... I don't know if they all still use preservatives, but I've gotten really sick in the past and don't chance it. A small fry at McDonald's is 250 calories, so I allow myself that as a treat once in a while. I still love a good In & Out burger and fries, but that's a very rare treat these days! If I deprived myself completely, I'd crash and burn, so I let myself have little treats and make up for it with a good workout or lower calorie meals the rest of the day.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

No fast food for me yet! I just started taking grad classes at night and boy is it hard after a three hour long night class NOT to stop at a McDonald's and pick up a burger on the way home!!!!

I'm still craving it and it's been months since I've had it...ughhh I wish it would just go away!!!

How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-31-2010, 12:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I've found the FF cravings go away for me. I've been Mac-free for four months now. The only thing I get from MDs now is a $1.00 icecream cone once in a while--for 150 cals, they make a fairly benign (if not particulary healthy) high carb snack and satiates that sweet craving.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Ughhh, I had the WORST craving for McDonald's after class tonight. I was really hungry and I really WANTED to stop and pick up a hamburger and fries. I resorted to calling my boyfriend for an intervention.

It worked. I came home, and ate two poached eggs and an english muffin.

Am I the only one that still craves fast food??
Old 09-14-2010, 10:46 PM
FitDay Member

No, you're not the only one... Two nights ago I cheated with french fries and chicken nuggets... I feel SOOO guilty now that you cannot imagine. You did the right thing going home, I will have to diet a whole week to catch up now. Argggggg!
How do you feel being in your healthy weight?!!?!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in the fast food realm! It feels good to be in my "healthy range" but I still have a ways to go till I hit my goal.

I unfortunately live across the street from the largest fair ground in New England. It begins this Friday and lasts 17 days. It's going to be soo hard not to eat everything in sight. I know I will not be able to resist the mini doughnuts..... ughhhh!!!!!

I don't know what my game plan is yet... Maybe do the gym twice as much?