Lifestyle Calories Keep Changing >

Lifestyle Calories Keep Changing

Community
Notices

Lifestyle Calories Keep Changing

Old 07-22-2012, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Lifestyle Calories Keep Changing

I could swear, my Lifestyle calories changed three times today. There was one number when I logged on, it changed again after inputting my workout, and then again after dinner...this happened to anyone else and why does it?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, it does... when you log food or exercise it changes to reflect those numbers.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default lifestyle calories changing

I don't really understand why the lifestyle calories change as I exercise more either. I still have a standard day of 'seated, little movement' logged, but then I log in my exercise. Why does this change lifestyle calories instead of logging in the exercise to add calories burned. I don't understand the numbers fitday is coming up with. If I swim for an hour, why does my lifestyle calories change, and less calories burned from swimming are added to my net calories? Confusing!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by shyzer44
I don't really understand why the lifestyle calories change as I exercise more either. I still have a standard day of 'seated, little movement' logged, but then I log in my exercise. Why does this change lifestyle calories instead of logging in the exercise to add calories burned. I don't understand the numbers fitday is coming up with. If I swim for an hour, why does my lifestyle calories change, and less calories burned from swimming are added to my net calories? Confusing!
HI,

Because fitday has you "seated, little movement" when you log that you exercise say for 30 minutes fitday minuses the seated calories you would have burned then adds the 30 minutes you put in as calories burned from your exercise. I'm not a good writer so I hope you understand what I am saying
Old 08-07-2012, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

It's because you've spent LESS time in your lifestyle... there are only 24 hours in a day. So when you don't exercise at all for 24 hours a day, you burn, let's say 2400 calories just in your lifestyle (I'm doing this for easy math.)

Then you exercise for an hour and burn 300 calories. BUT, that's now an hour you HAVEN'T spent burning lifestyle calories. So fitday takes 100 calories away from the 2400 (23 hours lifestyle calories now = 2300) and adds the 300 calories you spent exercising. So, technically, that hour workout only ADDED 200 calories.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lovealicia24
It's because you've spent LESS time in your lifestyle... there are only 24 hours in a day. So when you don't exercise at all for 24 hours a day, you burn, let's say 2400 calories just in your lifestyle (I'm doing this for easy math.)

Then you exercise for an hour and burn 300 calories. BUT, that's now an hour you HAVEN'T spent burning lifestyle calories. So fitday takes 100 calories away from the 2400 (23 hours lifestyle calories now = 2300) and adds the 300 calories you spent exercising. So, technically, that hour workout only ADDED 200 calories.

Hope this helps.
See, that's what I don't understand. Why would a workout ADD calories? But it's not adding, the total number is coming down. I don't get it.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by BudV33
See, that's what I don't understand. Why would a workout ADD calories? But it's not adding, the total number is coming down. I don't get it.

Why did I reply to a thread from '12?

LOL

Last edited by itisskyler; 02-10-2017 at 12:53 PM.