Notices

Fiber matters

Old 05-03-2010, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fiber matters

Just joined and disappointed to see that Fiber isn't tracked. Not only important to digestive health, but low-carb dieters need to know this value to accurately track their carbs in a day.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Osterfinch
Just joined and disappointed to see that Fiber isn't tracked. Not only important to digestive health, but low-carb dieters need to know this value to accurately track their carbs in a day.
ME TOO! The more I learn about carbs, the more I realize that some are extremely good for you. Like a tortilla I just had (whole grain) has 18 grams of carbs, but 12 of them are dietary fiber!

I try not to focus too hard on the carb amount shown, as much as eating good complex carbs, but sure wish that Fitday tracked it better.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 PM
FitDay Member

that's odd. Fiber is tracked on mine. I depend on it since fiber is such a big deal to me and how I feel and stay regular. I have the basic free account.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Mine also tracks fiber. I also have a basic free account (just joined yesterday... already I am in LOVE with this site!!!)

The one thing I personally feel lacking is sugar. Or perhaps I'm the only one missing sugar in my tracking, as you are missing fiber? Hmm..
Old 06-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

mine tracks it, it just doesn't subtract it from carbs... showing net carbs.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

I want FitDay to start taking fiber out of the pink slice on the pie chart. I want to see the percentages change.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

I think the problem is that fiber is not calories. Fat, protein, carbs and alcohol are calories, but not fiber. That makes it difficult to put in a chart as a component when the others are calories.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Osterfinch
you can track fiber, go to your custom nutrition goals, and set it up!