Notices

Newbie having probs with making food log

Old 03-21-2010, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Newbie having probs with making food log

I want to make a food log so I can keep track of my carbs, fat, and protein since I am using the Atkins diet. However, when I put the food I want to start with ( eggs) into the search bar and hit search, I get all pre-made things using eggs, such as scrambled mixes and cake mixes. If I type in 3 eggs the 'add food' button is not available although it seems to be saying that is how to enter food into the table. I can't seem to get to the table at all. What am I doing wrong??
Old 03-21-2010, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

It's kind of hard to get the hang of the language in here at times. You want "egg, whole, raw" as your search. I find if you make things plural it often doesn't find what you are looking for. Adding "raw" when looking for an ingredient seems to help. Also, it doesn't put the results in the same order you entered the keywords. Today I entered "crackers cheese flavor" and got tons of cheeses and foods made with cheese. Had to type just "cracker" and sift through 2 pages to find what I was looking for. I gave up on trying to find "boneless skinless chicken breast" and created a custom food for this. I buy really lean hamburger, so I have that entered as a custom food as well. When changing quantities, you have to hit the "save changes" button under the log, hitting enter does not work. I use 'View my recent foods" to the left a lot too so I don't have to redo my searches. Hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much Lizzycritter