Notices

can I just enter calories burned?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default can I just enter calories burned?

I just got EA Active for Wii. I did a 20 min workout (one that the game created) that included squats, lunges, walking, running, in-line skating, etc but it was like 2 min of running, then 16 squats, then 3 min of walking, etc. 16 activities- I don't want to put them all into the activity log individually. Is there a way to just enter the # of calories I burned? The game told me... if it were going to be the same every day I would create a new activity but the workout will be increasing in intensity. I am pretty new to FitDay so I apologize if this is a silly question- I am still trying to get everything figured out. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

what I do is add walking to my activity log and then just adjust the time until it shows at least close to the amount of the calories I've burned.

It's a bit of a pain but it works.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I do the same. Yoga is one I have a hard time with. FitDay uses a quite conservative estimate, so with a little research from other websites I just adjust the hours until it records the calories estimated from other data sources.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

I agree on the yoga. There's a lot of different types of yoga, not just the "gentle stretching" hatha yoga they have. I do kundalini yoga, which is a lot more cardio-based. Kundalini yoga is a lot less strict on form, you don't have to be super flexible to do it, and you don't need a great sense of balance either. There is a small amount of chanting involved though, so I have to do this one when the husband's gone and the kids are asleep