Notices

Any way to log supplements?

Old 05-18-2011, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

it looks as though there will be no new changes as far as supplements are involved.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Vitamin, Fish Oil supplements

Am I missing these or are they hiding in some unknowable category?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

You can add them as a custom food.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

How do you add a multivitamin to your custom food list when the custom food wants everything in percentage, and the label on the bottle is in mcg/mg etc... Any suggestions?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default VItamins

Hello. If I am taking vitamins, how do I enter them, so they show on the chart. Do I go to foods? I couldnt find vitamins there.
Thank you
Old 08-05-2011, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default VItamins

Is there a place to enter Multivitamins that I am taking?
Old 08-05-2011, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

I made a custom food - serving size 1 tab - and entered all the vits&mins there. I take one a day, so I usually click on "my recent foods" and add it to today's foods that way (as I do for a Vit D supplement I take).
Old 08-08-2011, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Pantothenic acid???

I would also like a request to ad Pantothenic acid to the custom food option
Old 08-09-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

I have to put my two cents in and agree with everyone else. As we diet, and are trying to do everything we can to make what we eat count, it takes a lot of time and effort to be as accurate as possible. When we restrict our calories, even at a healthy level, it is nearly impossible to get RDA without taking supplements, and not enough of the vitamins etc., are listed in the create a food option. I do not think that adding at least a few more components would be that difficult on the programming end of fitday? I'm sure you will not be able to cover everything, but by looking at a few over the counter multivitamin labels you can get a more accurate list of what you are missing & add them for us? PLEASE.
I know it would be greatly appreciated by the commuity here!!!

Thank you!!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thank you for your B-5 suggestion

Originally Posted by n8south
FitDay's "nutrition" tab was telling me I am deficient in Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), so I decided to supplement with a B-complex containing Pantothenic Acid. I record my vitamin supplements by creating each one as a custom food. Unfortunately FitDay does not allow you to enter a value for Pantothenic Acid (B5). I had to get around this issue by finding a food high in B5, shiitake mushroom, and editing it to be a calorie free food and removing it's other nutrients. I suppose this works OK, but I would really like it if FitDay would make a space on the nutrition label to enter in a %RDA for Pantothenic acid.

This is a great idea! I just started taking B-complex and would also like to add Pantothenic Acid as a custom food. I hope that FitDay will address this, as this is the only Vitamin/Mineral left off the custom food label.

I really like your idea about the shiitake mushroom modification, and will use this for my B5 addition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.