Notices

Any way to log supplements?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

I noticed this problem recently as well. I found a work-around for the issue. I searched for foods high in B5 and found that shiitake mushroom is rich in B5. I then clicked on the dried shiitake mushroom in the food list. Next I edited the food by setting all it's visible nutrition levels to 0. Then, I added my custom created calorie free shiitake mushroom to my food log and played with the quantity until it equalled the 5.5mcg in vitamin B supplement.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I enter my supplements as a custom food and enter the units not the %. It works for most of them. Mary
How do you do this? When I try to set up custom food, it only has an option for percent, not milligrams. Do I need to buy the premium version?
Old 03-30-2011, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Vitamins

Is there a way to track vitamin supplements on your daily intake?

Last edited by JasonHumphrey; 03-30-2011 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Forgot works
Old 04-05-2011, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Creating Custom Foods

I have noticed that there are missing nutrients in the label when we create a custom food. This bothers me because I check my nutrition graph (almost daily) and there are a couple of things that show up as deficits when I know I ate food (or supplements) that contained those nutrients.

On the 'create a custom food' label, there is no place to enter Folic Acid or Pantothenic Acid. Those are two that I am perpetually 'low' on, but know that they are in my custom foods.

It would be nice if all of the nutrients that appear on the daily graph were also on the label when we create a custom food.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JasonHumphrey
Is there a way to track vitamin supplements on your daily intake?
I'm not a moderator or anything, but I did this on my [link removed] account a few weeks ago. I just entered my supplements by using the "custom entry" tool. There, I just entered the daily values for all the vitamins and minerals. Obviously, this is not the best way to get them in your system, but just a quick fix...
Hope this helps!

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-20-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy FitDay Software Bug editing Custom Food

When creating a custom food I am able to enter almost all nutrient information. However there is no entry field for Phosphorus or Pant Acic (I can't quite read it). This leads to a 0% bar on the Daily RDA graph for these.

Is there a work around?

Looks like a bug to me...

thanks

lucius
Old 04-16-2011, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

I would like to do this too, so that it reflects in the reports. Is there no way on fitday?
Old 04-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by luciuscincinnatus
When creating a custom food I am able to enter almost all nutrient information. However there is no entry field for Phosphorus or Pant Acic (I can't quite read it). This leads to a 0% bar on the Daily RDA graph for these.

Is there a work around?

Looks like a bug to me...

thanks

lucius
Welcome to the FitDay Forums.

There is a sticky at the top of this page specifically about posting a request/issue. Please take a minute to read it.

The Report a Post feature alerts the Mods that there is an urgent matter that requires our immediate attention and should be used for that reason only.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'd like to track Folic Acid, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Iodine and Omega 3, 6 & 9.

If I pay for the premium version or pay for the PC version will I be able to enter these in custom fields when creating foods and tracking my nutrient intakes??
Old 05-11-2011, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Is there any update on this? Looks like it's been about 4 months since your post. I am looking to add my supplements and can't find a way to do it without trying to convert UI to percent, etc etc. And I just worked out for two hours I can't be bothered to think anymore today :P

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.