Notices

Any way to log supplements?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default Being Able to Log Supplements

I would like to see a way to enter information about vitamin supplements. Without this, the "Total Nutrition" report is inaccurate. For example, a Total Nutrition report may show that one didn't take in enough Vitamin D over a certain period, when in fact that person was taking a daily Vitamin D supplement and was therefore getting enough of the vitamin.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mcavaretta
I would like to see a way to enter information about vitamin supplements. Without this, the "Total Nutrition" report is inaccurate. For example, a Total Nutrition report may show that one didn't take in enough Vitamin D over a certain period, when in fact that person was taking a daily Vitamin D supplement and was therefore getting enough of the vitamin.
I am also having a similar problem. I tried entering my vitamins by ceating a "custom food" called Vitamins. But the percents I enter don't seem to carry thru to the logs properly.

For instance if I entered
vitamin A - 50%
V itamin C -100%

It shows up as
vitamin A - 24%
vitamin C - 67%

Seems like the % entered under "custom food" is not the same % as % of RDA.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

I enter my supplements as a custom food and enter the units not the %. It works for most of them. Mary
Old 02-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I enter my supplements as a custom food and enter the units not the %. It works for most of them. Mary
That's a great idea!

Of course being able to log and have an accurate % would be easier but until then, your way, will work for me!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mcavaretta
this is an issue iv been asking for few years.....this program ha the ability to custome log and monitor all 30+ vitamins and minerals for suppliments and herbs but custome doesnot give us the ability to expand to list from what i have been waiting for few years for a PRO version to give PERSONAL TRAINERS and NUTRICIENISTs and extreme users to detail there ingredients so they can be graphed and charted for review....
Old 03-10-2011, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Spam - FitDay sold my email address

I use unique email addresses at each site. Here, I used fitday.com@(my domain). And this morning, I got spam with subject line "Hello Valued Customer here is your March 9 Quilting Newsletter" sent to that address.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Did you read the Terms of Service and/or Privacy Policy? The privacy policy seems to pretty clearly state that Internet Brands (the owner of FitDay) can use your email when you provide it to them for approved (by them) marketing purposes.

Site Privacy Policy

Regards,
Michael

PS It's not my place to say if this is right or wrong, but by using the site, you've agreed to the TOS and SPP.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down Vitamins

I am disappointed that multi vitamins are not listed on the food list.

It's hard to add them to the custom food list as the nutritional info on the vitamin bottle is recorded differently than what we are allowed to enter on the FitDay custom food list.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

Question Unable to record Vitamin B5 supplement

FitDay's "nutrition" tab was telling me I am deficient in Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), so I decided to supplement with a B-complex containing Pantothenic Acid. I record my vitamin supplements by creating each one as a custom food. Unfortunately FitDay does not allow you to enter a value for Pantothenic Acid (B5). I had to get around this issue by finding a food high in B5, shiitake mushroom, and editing it to be a calorie free food and removing it's other nutrients. I suppose this works OK, but I would really like it if FitDay would make a space on the nutrition label to enter in a %RDA for Pantothenic acid.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:16 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by outdoorchick2009
I am disappointed that multi vitamins are not listed on the food list.

It's hard to add them to the custom food list as the nutritional info on the vitamin bottle is recorded differently than what we are allowed to enter on the FitDay custom food list.
Yup, I think we all agree. We're hoping there will be an easy way to add them soon.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.