Notices

Any way to log supplements?

Old 01-12-2011, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Adding supplements with "create food" feature

Hi
I'm new - just a couple of days but I am liking this and finding it is keeping me on track and making the calorie counting sooooooo much easier.
I've been adding my vitamin supplements by creating them.
Is there a way to get a customize-able field to add a vitamin (specifically folic acid B9)?
Note to any developers moderating this thread: If not, is there any way to give us one?
Thanks
Old 01-20-2011, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Even with this site being geared towards people who are trying to loose weight, I find it severely lacking in terms of tracking supplements. I take amino acids, glucosamine, l-carnitine, and a few others. I can't track any of them since there isn't even an amino acid category.

The interesting thing is that the serious body builder is going to be paying close attention to their amino acid intake. Secondly, any vegetarian needs to make sure they are getting all 9 amino acids that aren't produced by our body. Both applications would set fitday apart from the other nutrition sites. I would really like to get some input on this from the mods.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Suggestion so we can add our multi vitamins to custom foods

I think it would be great if you could add your multi vitamin in to see if it really does top off the nutrition you get from food..I tried to put it in as a custom food, but the measurments arent the same in all the nutrient categories on fitday or the vitamin. Would be great if they had a section to do this, where you can choose which measurment you want to use for each nutrient you put in so it's easy. I can't do that math to figure it all out!

Also there should be a "favourites" List, where you can put all your favourite and most commonly used foods. Kinda like the custom and recent foods but just a favourites section!

Last edited by lauraeb; 01-20-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a suggestion!!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

I'm also having trouble with this. I take a daily Centrum, and I add it to my food log by punching in the Percentages. Yet when it shows up in my log, the percentages are way higher than they should be. I thought I was getting more Vitamins that I should be getting, but now I'm thinking it's not adding up right.

For example, today, my vitamin b12 level was showing as zero. I took my Centrum, and added it to my food log, and instead of showing up as 100 percent, it shows up as 250 percent!

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

These request are being addressed here.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...g-request.html
Old 01-27-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

I find that not having Sugar on there is an issue. That is very important to me as I'm trying to keep my sugars way down....I'm hopeful at some point it will be added!
Old 02-07-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

I have noticed a similar problem. I put chicken liver down, which according to fitday contains significant Vit A and cholesteral, but neither shows up in my Nutrition tab.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

I have been trying to add multi vitamins into fit day. But in fit day for custom food it says % and on my bottle of multi vitamins it will say for example "Vitamin A 300mcg/1000IU" or "Vitamin C 90 mg" How do I convert mcg and mg into a percent?!?! Does anyone have an idea how to add these into the custom food? Thanks!
Old 02-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

I've never seen a multi that didn't list the % of RDA. What kind are you taking?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Chickenwings31
I have been trying to add multi vitamins into fit day. But in fit day for custom food it says % and on my bottle of multi vitamins it will say for example "Vitamin A 300mcg/1000IU" or "Vitamin C 90 mg" How do I convert mcg and mg into a percent?!?! Does anyone have an idea how to add these into the custom food? Thanks!
Go in 'Nutrition' and there you'll see how much is the 100% of each vitamin. If you see that 60mg is 100% of vitamin C, then 1% is 0.6 and your 90mg is 150% of RDD.
60/100=0.6
90/0.6=150%

HTH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.