Notices

Browse Public Journals?

Old 04-10-2011, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Browse Public Journals?

This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to browse through all public journals? The only way I can find to see public journals other than my own is if the person has linked directly to their public journal in their profile or if I know their exact username (you can search for a public journal by username, but you have to know it exactly). This is very limited and I would much prefer a way to just browse through public journals of people in my country, people who have recently updated, whatever. It's not that I'm nosy or anything but I would really love to be able to browse through other people's journals and see what kind of diets they're doing, what their carb intake is like and what foods they're eating so that I can get some ideas to freshen up my own diet. Is it a privacy concern or something? Obviously if a person wishes to keep their food log and journal private then that should be respected but my understanding was that if they consented to making it public then they are ok with other people looking at it and getting ideas from it. Yet there is no easy way to access other people's public journals!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to do this. Perhaps someone else will speak up--I've been known to be wrong before.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-10-2011, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

Alright. That's too bad ...thanks for your help once again though!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default one way of doing this

I think there is a way to do this, but it is not a feature of this website. Go to google.com and search for this:

allinurl:"fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner="
I'm not sure if that shows all public journals, but it has about 11 pages of results.

You might have to click a link with the text:

"repeat the search with the omitted results included."

For those of you who don't know how to do that, here is a link.

Last edited by saeros3; 06-04-2011 at 11:53 AM.