Pie Chart vs RDA Graph?? >

Pie Chart vs RDA Graph??

Community
Notices

Pie Chart vs RDA Graph??

Old 01-11-2011, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Pie Chart vs RDA Graph??

Ok, I'm new and just figuring all this out but one thing really has me confused. I would really appreciate any advice or help.
I'm on a 13-1600 cal diet trying to eat 50-60% carbs, 25-30% fat and 15-25% protein. My pie charts always look about like that BUT when I click the RDA/% bar graph my protein and carbs are always above 100- keep in mind my overall caloric intake is low, so how am I eating over my daily allowance in those groups? It's driving me nutty
For example

Old 01-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

I thought the graph was just to show what your actual intake was compared to the RDA recommended daily amount. I eat low carb so I just go by my pie chart to make sure I fall within my % for my eating plan.

I'm just curious as to why you are eating such high carbs but such low protein?

And welcome to the forums!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 01-12-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

That's a healthy level of carbs/protein, actually, and it's what is recommended as standard. It's certainly not particularly high in carbs. Just because high-protein diets are popular doesn't mean that suddenly the more usual levels of protein are too low!

I get weird results on that pie chart too. I'm coming to the conclusion that it's just crazy.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default perfect amount

That IS the right amount of carbs!

Just as long as the carbs are not sugar, cake, chocolate, sugary sweets, white bread, white rice.

forget about RDA anything that the government has is or does is whacked!

Just google bodybuilders cutting cycle,a nd you will see that your ratios are perfect.

Also the fat, keep it low as possible, but not extremely low because you get energy to work out from it.

Same thing goes for fat, you don't want your fat coming from bacon or pork ribs, but maybe a little olive oil on your salad.

.....just the facts mám