Notices

Nutritional Values

Old 01-25-2010, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Nutritional Values

I started using fitday last week and I'm loving it so far! Having such a detailed record of what I consume is really helping me stay dedicated!

Quick question: Sometimes nutritional labels will have nutrients listed in 'mg' instead as a % of daily intake. I want to convert the numbers but don't know what the recommended numbers are for all of the vitamins and nutrients. Where can I find that info?
Old 01-27-2010, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

Unfortunately you have to look it up. Google something like "18 mg of Vitamin b5 as a percent DV" Sometimes nothing comes up and you just have to do the math...
Google how much 100% is of that nutrient. So 20mg of Vitamin b5 is 100%, so 18 divided by 20 = 90%

Make sense?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by StephanieShine
Unfortunately you have to look it up. Google something like "18 mg of Vitamin b5 as a percent DV" Sometimes nothing comes up and you just have to do the math...
Google how much 100% is of that nutrient. So 20mg of Vitamin b5 is 100%, so 18 divided by 20 = 90%

Make sense?
Makes perfect sense. I tried doing that before I asked the group but I kept getting conflicting answers. One site would say 10mg, another would say 15mg, etc. I was hoping to find a more official source for the info.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Help!

Hey Everyone! I am new to Fitday and I couldn't figure out where to post something new. I am wondering if anyone can tell me why the don't have a spot for sugars on the labels here? I think it is important!