Notices

do I add "sleep"?

Old 08-22-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Question do I add "sleep"?

when you select your "daily activity level" does it automatically figure in night time sleeping? I figured I had to add sleep to the activity log when I take a nap, but wasn't sure about normal night time sleep.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

anyone?
Old 08-22-2010, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

sleep does not automatically factor in. I am pushing 45 yrs old, and if I didn't put sleep in, my "calories burned" would be way too high. Just click on "sleep" in activities, and it'll automatically default to "0:01". Change it to the number of hours you've slept. Your "lifestyle" activity time will automatically decrease, so the total activities for the day will always total 24:00. Make sense?
Old 08-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Back when there were still moderators, a moderator answered this question and said to NOT include nighttime sleep. However, my experience has been that I balance out just about exactly when I DO include it. Others have found the same. Some do, some don't; try it both ways and see which one makes more sense with the rate at which you are losing.