Notices

Do you log all of your Activities?

Old 08-09-2010, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Do you log all of your Activities?

I have perused some of the other threads in this section, and I've read that you can include activities such as housework and sleeping on your Activity log.

I just wondered how many of you input every detail of your activities or do you just put in specific workouts?

My 'lifestyle' is in there daily by default, but thus far I've only focused on entering deliberate exercise time.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Smoosh! I'm with you. I only input my actual workouts in addition to my default lifestyle. I am assuming that my lifestyle includes activities such as sleep. Also when I do housework, I don't really feel the need to log that as an activity. I'm using the activity log strictly to keep track of my workouts so that when I look at my calender I know when I've actually worked out.

Have a great day!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

I input every worthy detail in my activities page.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Anything I'm at for longer than 15 minutes or so usually goes into the log. I started off just doing the exercise part, but my lifestyle isn't always "seated with some movement", it's "stay-at-home-mom with 5 kids", which isn't a "lifestyle" option. Some days I sit a lot, like if we are on the road going somewhere far away. Other days I'm on my feet doing 62 loads of laundry, or taking the kids to the zoo. Other days I spend in the garden bent over pulling weeds or picking something.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

I just use the Lifestyle. Tried the other way but found I was having to log on all day long.........since this is all new to me I may try it later on.

Love the food log, custom foods, journal and mood part tho. Food log has been a real help and eye opener. Since I am Gluten Free too reading and learning everyday.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sw07
I input every worthy detail in my activities page.
Ditto for me.(albeit I'm a green Newbie !)
I figure seeing daily activities posted will keep me motivated to continue to be active.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

When I started I logged everything from sleeping to child care to meal prep to weights and cardio. I found that I was only 50 to 100 calories over my lifestyle estimate on my exercise days, so I stopped logging activity.

I found it really helped me understand what impact my activities had on my calories burned in a day, just like the food log helped me understand what different foods did to my daily calorie intake.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default i only log workouts.

It just felt a little silly to log the time I spent in a chair reading - though there is a catagory for that. My lifestyle, at least my workdays, pretty much match the lifestyle entry of sedentary with some movement. I do think that the suggestion that if you are at something consistently for 15 min (such as laundry or gardening,etc) i might tend to log that. We will see since i just started 01012011
Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

I log the important stuff... sleep, a work out, walking, cutting the grass, etc. I don't log things like taking out the trash, playing cards, etc.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I log the important stuff... sleep, a work out, walking, cutting the grass, etc. I don't log things like taking out the trash, playing cards, etc.
This is what I do as well--I have my half a dozen daily activities to which I add anything out of the ordinary. If it doesn't impact my calorie burn (plus or minus), I really don't care about it.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.