"Nutrition as Percent RDA" report anomaly >

"Nutrition as Percent RDA" report anomaly

Community
Notices

"Nutrition as Percent RDA" report anomaly

Old 06-17-2010, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Question "Nutrition as Percent RDA" report anomaly

Hey there, I've added a food to my log that is high in Magnesium since I am lacking in that nutrient this week (64% of RDA). I've added a custom food, halibut 4oz, which has 30% of RDA of Magnesium (per The World's Healthiest Foods). I went back to the report and now it shows that my RDA of Magnesium went down to 60%! What?!?! The date range is the same for the report and I double checked the Magnesium quantity in the custom food and it is correct. If I increase it to 2 servings, the report shows 65% RDA of Magnesium. I'm at a loss. Any ideas?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Just get a good multi-vitamin and you will not have to worry about anything.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Talking No pills for me, thanks ;)

I've considered supplements but pills are not fun to eat! I've developed a routine where I check my "Nutrition as Percent RDA" daily and plan the next day's meals according to the lowest 3 nutrients listed. As of today, all my nutrients are at or above 100% except for vitamin B5. One serving of beef liver tomorrow will take care of that deficiency. My daily meals are varied and very healthful and delish! I wish I had a calorie budget of 2000 so I can eat more but, alas, I need to lose weight so it's just 1600 calories daily for now.