FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Reports (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-reports/)
-   -   Metric units (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-reports/1096-metric-units.html)

acvnumberone 05-18-2010 11:43 PM

Metric units

Hi,
I've noticed, it is possible to choose your favorite measure units and I chose metric (meters, kilograms), but in the reports (e.g. weight report), the units remain imperial (lbs, inches).
Does anybody know how to switch all the charts into metric units?:)
Thanks

no_touching 07-30-2010 12:44 AM

The food imput section is also missing milliliters. It is rather frustrating to constantly have to convert things to fl oz when other metric options are available.

me2forever 07-30-2010 06:49 AM

Is there someway to subtract fiber from carbs

I am using Fitday and like it but doesn't give a place for fiber or I haven't found it. Just started so new to all this.

gzornenplat 02-07-2012 02:25 PM

Metric units would be good. I know the US uses Imperial (one of only three countries in the WORLD not to have adopted the metric system), but you must know there are other countries out there!

Same with the dates - how about an international date displayed dd mmm yyyy rather than the US-only mm-dd-yyyy.

Anyway, i've tried it - nice site, but I really can't be arsed to convert everything to floz and cups and skillets or whatever you use.

VitoVino 02-07-2012 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by gzornenplat (Post 72084)
Metric units would be good. I know the US uses Imperial (one of only three countries in the WORLD not to have adopted the metric system), but you must know there are other countries out there!

Same with the dates - how about an international date displayed dd mmm yyyy rather than the US-only mm-dd-yyyy.

Anyway, i've tried it - nice site, but I really can't be arsed to convert everything to floz and cups and skillets or whatever you use.

Methinks you speak with forked tongue! :p

Grams and kilograms are not Metric?? You've obviously MISSED this as an option when adding foods. But thanks for logging into the Forums just to complain, erroneously!

gzornenplat 02-11-2012 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 72088)
Methinks you speak with forked tongue! :p

Grams and kilograms are not Metric?? You've obviously MISSED this as an option when adding foods. But thanks for logging into the Forums just to complain, erroneously!

I do apologise. Can you walk me through how to enter 200ml of, say, milk? Or half a litre of beer? Or, for that matter, a UK fl.oz, or pint?

I did look, but obviously I missed the option to enter these units.

VitoVino 02-11-2012 04:45 AM

Fluid units are a different matter for some reason. For that, you'll have to use a conversion calculator http://www.convertunits.com/from/ml/to/ounce+[US,+liquid]

Problem solved. ;)

FitLinguist 10-20-2012 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by acvnumberone (Post 11190)
Hi,
I've noticed, it is possible to choose your favorite measure units and I chose metric (meters, kilograms), but in the reports (e.g. weight report), the units remain imperial (lbs, inches).
Thanks

This is still a bug - I also enter kgs for my weight, and for my weight goal, but when using the 'weight report' function, my weight goal suddenly has converted to lb, but not my current weight, and so it looks like my weight goal is more than twice as much as my current weight! Frustrating!
Clearly there are some clever conversion things behind the scenes, but it has that bug in the weight report section. I have reported the bug - will see what happens.

victel 01-13-2014 09:49 PM

I don't think they are bothered about this bug. I prefer to use kilos but the weight graph is in pounds! Also, the ml option isn't available and you have to use fl oz. I am in the process of finding another program to use because Fitday doesn't fix the most basic of bugs. If anyone knows a UK based thing similar to Fitday please let me know. Also, beef isn't even listed on Fitday. Search for beef and nothing comes up!!! :mad:

kangarool 01-14-2014 12:47 PM

Hi, I'm also having this problem. All metric units are working for me here in Aussie, except my Weight listing in profile. I have the option to display in pounds or kilos, when I choose kilos, it still reverts to pounds. Can someone at Fitday pls look at this?

David54HK 08-26-2014 02:43 PM

Faulty Metric Report

Dear Kangool

This point of failure to correctly show weight report in kg (both actual and target weight) was raised in 2010, now over 4 years ago.

Comparing ones actual weight to the target weight is a key part to tracking weight loss and motivation.

Clearly Fitday has no intention to address this glaring bug for everyone in the world other than US users. Why on earth would anyone in a metric environment want to pay to upgrade to the premium account for dodgy software.

Wishing you luck in your weight management process.

uniopp 10-07-2018 12:32 PM

Is there still no solution to the no metric units in the weight loss graph, etc.???????

jaceiondalen 12-16-2021 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by acvnumberone (Post 11190)
Hi,
Thanks