FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay PC (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/)
-   -   RDA % given for nutrients you can't enter... (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/9219-rda-given-nutrients-you-cant-enter.html)

kkpraft 02-27-2013 12:41 AM

RDA % given for nutrients you can't enter...

Maybe I missed the answer to this somewhere, but don't see the question. I've been using Fitday for years, and find it to be very informative & helpful. But I've also contacted them several times, and get no response. In the daily graphs/reports, you're given the % of the USRDA that you've fulfilled, but Pant. Acid & Phosphorus, while listed on the nutrients you should have, you can't enter them in the food information. So it tells you you're coming up very short (HUGE on phosphorus), when you can't enter how much is on the food label of what you're eating. A couple of us had literally started taking a supplement, without realizing that we didn't enter it because you can't. :eek: It's not on the list of nutrients & other info to enter. Anyone know what the story on this is? :confused: ...Thanks!

alli_kitty 03-06-2013 10:04 PM

I have the same question, would love to know the answer! As a vegetarian, I try to be sure that I get enough of the B vitamins, which are the only ones not naturally provided in a vegetarian/vegan diet, but since B5/pantothenic acid isn't enterable, it reports as being low. (I take a multivitamin that provides 100% of the RDA for that, so I know I'm not actually low, but still . . .)

Just noticed that this thread is about FitDayPC, which I assume is the upgrade; I'm using the free web version. Same question, though.

Weebabbie 10-09-2013 11:47 PM

I too would like to know the answer as well. I'm not so worried about pantothenic acid as it is so universally available; however, I do not understand why FitDay would report the levels without giving us the opportunity to enter the data.
Also, I don't know why their software gives a percentage value for sodium on one base and then uses another base in the final report, so that sodium intake which seems to add up to about 70% comes out ultimately as much higher.
Surely responsible owners of a website would respond to users' questions and comments rather than merely ignore them—or am I too naive?