FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay PC (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/)
-   -   Custom Food Suggestion - Organization (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/9140-custom-food-suggestion-organization.html)

koscooze 02-13-2013 02:46 PM

Custom Food Suggestion - Organization

First time poster here at the FitDay forums and I have a suggestion that could make navigating your own custom foods quicker and easier.

First, I am a big advocate of the IIFYM, as long as I am reaching my macro goals for the day. I also, for the most part, only like using my custom foods to count calories. This is mainly because I know exactly how accurate that calorie count is for the food and it just leaves me in a better state of mind knowing I am probably fairly close to the caloric reading.

Anyways, my list of custom foods seems to be continuing to grow and it can be a little annoying scrolling through multiple pages to find a certain food. I was thinking an option to put your custom foods into certain categories, like; carbs, fats, proteins, or dairies, grains, meats, etc. would make using your custom foods a lot quicker and easier.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

purebliss 04-15-2014 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by koscooze (Post 95672)
First time poster here at the FitDay forums and I have a suggestion that could make navigating your own custom foods quicker and easier.

First, I am a big advocate of the IIFYM, as long as I am reaching my macro goals for the day. I also, for the most part, only like using my custom foods to count calories. This is mainly because I know exactly how accurate that calorie count is for the food and it just leaves me in a better state of mind knowing I am probably fairly close to the caloric reading.

Anyways, my list of custom foods seems to be continuing to grow and it can be a little annoying scrolling through multiple pages to find a certain food. I was thinking an option to put your custom foods into certain categories, like; carbs, fats, proteins, or dairies, grains, meats, etc. would make using your custom foods a lot quicker and easier.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

I just read your post so my reply is very late, but I do like your idea. That said, I now make sure the names of my custom foods cause the types to be listed together--since the foods are listed in alphabetical order, for instance, I start the food title with its food type. In my case, I just say "yoghurt, Dannon" for instance, but you could add "dairy" etc.

Of course, to re-name all of your foods would be a very long task. Not all of mine are re-named. I do a few at a time.

JediMindTricks 04-15-2014 08:38 PM

I also start my custom foods with the type of food first, then a description, a brand and then what the serving size is that I'm doing. For example:

Sauce, Tomato and Basil, Newman's Own, 1/4 C or
Bread, Whole Wheat, Kroger, 1 slice

It makes finding things so much easier because like you said they stay grouped together. That being said, my list is also getting quite long and scrolling is still a pain. I would really love it if at the top of the page you could click on a letter of the alphabet and it would take you to the listings that start with that letter.

Just my 2 cents. :)