Notices

Things just aint addin' up!

Old 01-29-2010, 03:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Things just aint addin' up!

OK, so I am no math whiz but I'm pretty sure that my percentages should vaguely add up to 100 when all is said and done. Seems to be a problem with fat percentages...sometimes if you include the sub categories you get 100 but you shouldn't have to do that (they are sub categories) and it doesn't always work. Also, should alcohol be included in the carb count? Are there some settings I can tweak to fix this?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:47 AM
fitday_jim

The pie charts should add up to 100% (or close to it as there are sometimes rounding issues). Alcohol should not be included in the carb count. Alcohol is its own source of calories. You are right. You should not have to add the sub categories to get the correct count. Do you have an example of this? I would be happy to take a look.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default I do have an example

I in fact just sent an email to customer service about this problem. I've been using the PC version for a week now and basing my choices on my percentages as well as my calories to reach a certain goal. I just noticed this morning that my percentages do not add up to 100. In the last week I have some days that get close, but today for instance is over 300 calories off.

I'll type in what it is doing and then if you want I can scan in and email my overview for today along with my foods list for today.

Here goes:
Calories 1465 100%

Fat 323 22%
Carb 469 32%
Protein 341 23%
Alcohol 0 0%
--------------------------------
Sub Total 1133 77%
Difference 332 23%
---------------------------------
Total 1465 100%

I hope you understand what I'm saying, let me know if you want to see the actual print out.

Chey
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

If you're using custom foods, do you have the fat/carbs/protein entered in correctly? Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I just put total calories in on a custom food. I'm not worried about the percentages though.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:59 PM
FitDay Member

Question Any resolution to the pie charts?

Has Fitday fixed the bugs in the pie charts? I am a new user and like to see things visually, but I'm also adept in statistics and they don't make much sense...