Notices

Custom foods

Old 10-07-2012, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Custom foods

Does anyone know if there is a way to organize your custom foods (like alphabetical order)?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 PM
FitDay Member

I'm a paleo eater so cook from scratch. All the actual food is listed as, say, C-green beans or P-pork chop etc, where C is crb, P is protein and F is fat. I also do an S for salada. Fitday will store foods alphaetically, bunching all the carbs together, under C then in alpha order within C.
I also am starting to save my main meals, one serving, for each day, by weeks, For example todays dinner will be curried salmon, so its listed as 4804-curried salmon, which means week 48, day 04. I add any side or salads plus breakfast foods come from the Cs and Ps which are already listed.
I only use fitday to get an accurate idea of nutritional input. I want around 75% of my calories from fat, about 20% as protein and 5% as carbs. But moderate protein (around 60-70 grams per day) and calories at 1800 a day or a bit less. Imagine doing this without fitday!
Once you set up your custom foods, its very fast to enter things. And you just enter as you go along, its always a work in progress.
regards from edella, and I hope this helps -- its one way to go
Old 12-09-2012, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mine are in alphabetical order automatically, but the thing that made the difference is that it only does that if you begin with a capital letter. The few I entered early on as lowercase are stuck at the bottom and not in order.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm using Fitday PC version 2. All of my custom foods begin with a capital letter. They are not alphabetized, but are listed in the order that I entered them. This is a pain. I wish that they could be sorted alphabetically. For me, this is the biggest drawback of Fitday.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Other Threads

FYI.. The following Forum threads are also questioning why Custom Foods is not sorting itself in alphabetical order:

Alphabetize Custom Foods
List Sort Order
Custom Foods
Custom Foods Carry Over
Alphabetize
Listing Food Alphabetically

I am active on the "Alphabetizer Custom Foods" thread ... FYI

David