Notices

Tediousness of this site

Old 06-17-2013, 05:10 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Tediousness of this site

Does anyone have any tips for making the process of entering your food go faster? This program is tedious at best and I'm at my wits end with how long this process takes for to enter.

GRrrrr.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dl04625
Does anyone have any tips for making the process of entering your food go faster? This program is tedious at best and I'm at my wits end with how long this process takes for to enter.

GRrrrr.
Is it that you find the software is slow, it's difficult to make custom foods, it's difficult to find foods or it's difficult to log everything you consume?
Old 06-18-2013, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Do you use the "recent foods" button and link? Most of us eat a lot of the same foods fairly regularly.

So if I click the "recent foods" link, it shows what I've eaten for the past 2 weeks (I think), and you can go back beyond that as well. You can just check the boxes of what you ate in the past to add to today's food log.

I'm just counting calories at this point. I know I'm eating healthy (low carbs, no junk food, no sugar, lots of vegetables). Because I don't care about anything but calories, another time saver for me is not obsessing about entering every single ingredient. If I make a recipe from a magazine and the recipe says it's 480 calories per serving, I'll just try to find a similar item and adjust the portion size until it comes out to 480 calories (rather than entering all the individual ingredients individually).
Old 06-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

The only thing that might make things go faster, IMO, would be the capability to combine foods into a meal and then enter that meal. AND YET, if it's a complicated meal, it's still going to be complicated. There just aren't that many short cuts that would serve everybody every time.

I think the 'recent foods' makes logging go more quickly. People do tend to eat what they ate before, especially if you utilize leftovers. Also, if you buy a pound of apples, for example, you know you're going to be going back to enter that - or past salad - or low-fat chips.

There are so many trade-offs. All in all, I like fitday's logging better than most other websites' but I may be biased. I have so many custom foods already entered.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Having to enter the food is not as bad as how slow the site is all the time! Last night, the site was offline for over 15 minutes - can not even ping it.

The site needs better servers and more bandwidth, it's ranked 77% SLOWER than most sites on the internet - and I hear even with paid service is just as slow!

It's a shame to be this slow for such a great tool.