FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay PC (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/)
-   -   Upgrade from version 1 to version 2? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/6037-upgrade-version-1-version-2-a.html)

cranberryfrog 12-26-2011 05:30 AM

Upgrade from version 1 to version 2?

Is there a discount for people upgrading? What is in the new version that isn't in version 1? I tried emailing support and didn't get an answer.

michele

VitoVino 01-05-2012 07:58 AM

Have you now received a reply?

timfierro 01-14-2012 01:29 PM

Curious if you got a reply.

I started FitDay in December 2005; and only used it for about 7 months to lose weight. It worked. But every since that trip that I lost weight for, I have built it all back.

So, here we are installing FitDay again. I have version 1.0 obviously from January 2006, and I was curious what changes are in v 2.0 and whether or not I should upgrade to it.

I find it funny how my registration here somehow shows January of 2012. Maybe this website is new since 2006. :-)

Tim

VitoVino 01-14-2012 01:36 PM

Yes, the website was started early in 2010.

I'm going to purchase the PC version myself in the next few days. If you look, supposedly you can find a coupon and pick it up for $19.95. So even if you don't get an upgrade discount, for the price of a pizza (with the works) you get a great piece of software.

01gt4.6 01-14-2012 01:37 PM

Tim, the January 2012 date was when you first posted on the forums.

timfierro 01-14-2012 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 68462)
Yes, the website was started early in 2010.

I'm going to purchase the PC version myself in the next few days. If you look, supposedly you can find a coupon and pick it up for $19.95. So even if you don't get an upgrade discount, for the price of a pizza (with the works) you get a great piece of software.

Website in 2010, would explain why my forums account is 2012. ;)

For the PC Version of FitDay, I already own it, so that is why I want to know what has changed from 1.0 to the new 2.0. If added features and/or bug fixes, is there a change log showing these?

No need to buy again just because the version has a 2 in front of it instead of a 1. :D

Tim

01gt4.6 01-14-2012 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by timfierro (Post 68465)
Website in 2010, would explain why my forums account is 2012. ;)

I already answered that. ;)

dianemancino1 01-23-2012 11:15 AM

upgrade from version 1 to 2

I just upgraded to p/c version 2. It really isn't much different from version 1 besides for the background colors that I will change if possible back to the old colors. It is a program I always use so I didn't mind buying the upgrade, but wish it was a bigger change.

I have been using Fitday for several years( 2003). It keeps me on track-thinking twice about a cheat, helps me plan meals and track my weight. I now see I can print this out and maybe take it to my physician. As a female I even discovered that I lost weight at a different rate certain times of the month- hang in there days!

so when will "beta" be finally a full version.

Is there a way to customize the view? May I suggest being able to upload progress photos would be a nice touch.

VitoVino 01-23-2012 12:41 PM

THANK YOU for that update! I'm sure many will find this very helpful.

Moderators have not heard about when Beta will be finished. They still have work to do and I saw one of the developers say there would be changes in the upcoming weeks.

Considering the pace so far, my guess, and this is only a guess, is that it will still be several months away at least.

dianemancino1 01-24-2012 08:11 AM

Upgrade from version 1 to version 2?

I think maybe version 2 has a more recent food list- brand names, etc. It's not perfect. Flour was spelled flower under pasta and grain cereals.

I have a lot of suggestions of what I'd like to see in the non beta version...It doesn't seem to be any hurry.