Notices

Upgrade from version 1 to version 2?

Old 03-29-2012, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

dianemancino2,

Finally, there is someone who had v1 and upgraded to v2. I posted a comment the other day but no one has replied. I purchased PC v1 back in 2003/2004 and still use it. However, I was wondering if there were better features, database, reports, etc. in v2. Can you explain what are the main differences with v2? You said you wish it were a bigger change. If you had to decide again, would you purchase v2?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

VitoVino,

So, is the beta you mentioned going to be the PC v3????
Old 03-30-2012, 01:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Cool Upgrade from version 1 to version 2?

Ok, not only did I upgrade to version 2, but I'm currently subscribing to the online version since I'm Actively journaling- you know how it goes, you start a new effort or diet plan.

Well that is worth it- the online version sync makes online life easier, there are more features to use also. Again I say wait till you get fired up.

I changed from Atkins to the Mayo Clinic Diet, so it was total retraining and found Fitday very helpful to plan my daily menu out BEFORE I ate it.

It still needs updating. For a paid softwear, I've found spelling errors and I shouldn't have to customize some commonly known foods. I'd love to find restaurant foods on here.

I'd like to track medical information like blood pressure...which is dropping after 3 weeks and just 8 lbs down, so I really want to track.

I'm leaving for a trip in a few minutes- taking a new meal plan on a diet- a common test we all face. Away from my computer and onto my laptop to track fitday- lets see how this really syncs!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dianemancino1
Ok, not only did I upgrade to version 2, but I'm currently subscribing to the online version since I'm Actively journaling- you know how it goes, you start a new effort or diet plan.

Well that is worth it- the online version sync makes online life easier, there are more features to use also. Again I say wait till you get fired up.

I changed from Atkins to the Mayo Clinic Diet, so it was total retraining and found Fitday very helpful to plan my daily menu out BEFORE I ate it.

It still needs updating. For a paid softwear, I've found spelling errors and I shouldn't have to customize some commonly known foods. I'd love to find restaurant foods on here.

I'd like to track medical information like blood pressure...which is dropping after 3 weeks and just 8 lbs down, so I really want to track.

I'm leaving for a trip in a few minutes- taking a new meal plan on a diet- a common test we all face. Away from my computer and onto my laptop to track fitday- lets see how this really syncs!
Diane, I agree--well worth it! I use PC almost exclusively these days. I also agree that the food database could be better, but it's not THAT much of a hassle to add a custom food (especially with the recipe builder). Also, you can track BP and other custom things on-line with Premium, even though they don't sync with PC like your foods and activities do.

PC is great when you have to be away or off-line for a while, then you get back, just sync and you're all up-to-date.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-31-2012, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dianemancino1

Thanks dianemancino1. So, I think I may do the upgrade to PC v2. At this point, I can't afford to do Premium also, so I will just stick with either my current PC version or do the upgrade to v2. I know what you mean about cycles of motivation! Great job on the 8 pound loss.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Diane, I agree--well worth it! I use PC almost exclusively these days. I also agree that the food database could be better, but it's not THAT much of a hassle to add a custom food (especially with the recipe builder). Also, you can track BP and other custom things on-line with Premium, even though they don't sync with PC like your foods and activities do.

PC is great when you have to be away or off-line for a while, then you get back, just sync and you're all up-to-date.

Regards,
Michael
Good points mecompco! Very impressive weight loss!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Upgrading

I thought about it. But, i imagine I will just stay with Version 1. It works for me just fine. I like the offline version. I'm ready to go for a new month. I lost 11 pounds in March!! Happy April Fools and Palm Sunday to Everyone!!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I want to say I am glad I read this topic. Thank you for sharing your experiences with switching between v1 and v2.

The only beefs I had with v1 was that you couldn't use your mouse wheel to scroll through the lists in the database and since upgrading to Win7 the "Help" feature doesn't work properly without a 3rd party app.

Did they add wheel scrolling in v2?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:24 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I don't think so. I was shopping around and there are some other nice journal programs that sync with p/c, mobile.

I use what is familiar to me. What I would like to see is the food list being upgraded. There are so many new food items. Entering in a custom food is a good mental exercise. What we are doing here is behaviour modification. Even having a conversation in forums with someone you can boost with is a good thing-your co-workers will get sick of it.

So i see since I posted last I've now lost 14 pounds! It's working this time, or shall I say, I'm working. In the weight log it has the 3 month projected weight. in past attempts, I ignored that and said, Yeah right! Now I'm focusing on that number and saying, lets keep at it and see if this will work 174# started at 204 on my way to 150.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Used 1.0 since about 2003, and its been a love-hate relationship. First it works. But you can't export any of the data and many of the food choices are absurd. Simple items like 'chicken breast' you have to hunt for, but chicken feet comes up right on top. And the search doesn't look at two words in combination, but rather doubles the choices you have to scan through. And using so many brands items when you only update about every ten years is pretty much pointless. Also I've noticed that many values are WAY off in sodium and/or fat, bagels is one example of many.

So before I'd even think about an 'upgrade' I want to know some basic important things like: - does all the data from 1.0 including custom foods import easily into 2.0?
- Can we export data so we can share graphs and values with a dietitian?
- Can you delete chicken feet and brand items that have been obsolete for over 5 years or have incorrect values (honey nut Cheeerios)
- Will you start answering simple questions like the very first one on this thread re. a discount for those of us that kept the company afloat in the first place?
and finally, why can't 1.0 users simply download the software like with almost all other companies? I've downloaded several iterations of other programs I've bought several times. Sorry Fit Day, you work, you're pretty good, but you are no Apple to expect us to just shell out full price again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.