Notices

Upgrade from version 1 to version 2?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Upgraded to V2

Well I upgraded to V2 and spent time working with it the last few weeks, and have to say I am very disappointed. It did import all my custom foods, and I have a fancy new button that says "Sync" which only works if you also have the premium online version. The database, print, and exports features appear to be exactly the same. The search for foods functions still pulls up a zillion things that you have to search for, like you search for chicken breasts and it's halfway down the list. The only reason I can see to upgrade to the newest version is if you are also going to use the premium edition online, so that you can sync the two together.

In fact I told my dh last night that the only thing I got for my $19.95 was a new color scheme!

Very disappointed, would have expected to be able to at least have more print options, like print a weeks worth of menu's for your trip to the doctor. An updated database would have been nice too, but it seems to be the same too. Just not sure what exactly was upgraded, except the sync button.

I do want to add that I have used Fitday since 2003 and have found it very useful, just disappointed that I can't seem to find any differences between what I had and what I just upgraded to.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

I have used Fitday PC since 2008. When I asked about upgrading to Version 2, I was told there was no discount, that I had to pay full price for the new version, so I didn't get it.

When I started a new diet with my mother last month, I convinced her to purchase it to track her food. Another friend joined in and also purchased it. In order to help them learn the program, my mother purchased the new version for me as well.

I would not have "upgraded" for any other reason. I was perfectly happy with the old version. I just got the new version yesterday, but as someone else stated, the main difference I see is the color of the window. I would like to have the ability to change color schemes as some older people (my mother is 83) find it difficult to read it when the font is a light blue on a royal blue background.

Because there are three of us using the same diet plan, we each had to add our meal replacement items in as custom foods. One thing I would like to know is if there is a way to export a custom food database only. As more people join us on our journey (we are using Shaklee's Cinch Plan) I would love some way to send them the custom foods of Shaklee's Cinch products. I know this is not something that is common, so doubt if there is any way to do it, but it is always worth it to ask.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dianemancino1
I just upgraded to p/c version 2. It really isn't much different from version 1 besides for the background colors that I will change if possible back to the old colors. It is a program I always use so I didn't mind buying the upgrade, but wish it was a bigger change.

I have been using Fitday for several years( 2003). It keeps me on track-thinking twice about a cheat, helps me plan meals and track my weight. I now see I can print this out and maybe take it to my physician. As a female I even discovered that I lost weight at a different rate certain times of the month- hang in there days!

so when will "beta" be finally a full version.

Is there a way to customize the view? May I suggest being able to upload progress photos would be a nice touch.
Thanks for that, I was just looking at V2, but have v1.0.0.6 since a while and it is great, so will stick with it. I was hoping you may be able to customise the graphs. If all it has is a few new foods, then I think the trick is to set up all your own custom foods as I have done, then it works better than relying on the existing lists especially for me as I am in Scotland and a few foods are called something different in any case.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JoanneKJones
Well I upgraded to V2 and spent time working with it the last few weeks, and have to say I am very disappointed. It did import all my custom foods, and I have a fancy new button that says "Sync" which only works if you also have the premium online version. The database, print, and exports features appear to be exactly the same. The search for foods functions still pulls up a zillion things that you have to search for, like you search for chicken breasts and it's halfway down the list. The only reason I can see to upgrade to the newest version is if you are also going to use the premium edition online, so that you can sync the two together.
I noticed that. I've been using mine since 2008, and if the search feature is not improved, that alone is reason enough to not upgrade. I don't intend to use the online feature at all (yet).

I just searched for "steel cut oats" and six of the top ten results were MEAT products!?

Originally Posted by tchucter
Thanks for that, I was just looking at V2, but have v1.0.0.6 since a while and it is great, so will stick with it. I was hoping you may be able to customise the graphs. If all it has is a few new foods, then I think the trick is to set up all your own custom foods as I have done, then it works better than relying on the existing lists especially for me as I am in Scotland and a few foods are called something different in any case.
Sticking with V1 here too! Sure hope they put some effort into a new version soon. The help feature is not supported by Vista in V1, but I've kind of figured the program out by now anyway. It always seemed pretty intuitive to me.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

I know this post is 2 years old, but...I have had v1 since it was first released. I remember when v2 came out, I looked into it and literally the only new feature I saw mentioned was the ability to synch with the Web. This sounded nice, but at the time was not worth paying for the software all over again as they were not offering any kind of upgrade pricing.

Today, I decided to upgrade for ONE reason - to synch my web and PC. Not only is it telling me that I have to pay an extra $5.49 every month to use the only new feature of a program that I paid $29.95 for, but literally minutes (I downloaded and installed the software and upon being told I needed a "Premium" account I went back to the website) after I bought it, they dropped the price 67% to $19.95.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:15 AM
Administrator

Fitday Premium is $49.95/year. There is no monthly charge.

Originally Posted by cc48510
I know this post is 2 years old, but...I have had v1 since it was first released. I remember when v2 came out, I looked into it and literally the only new feature I saw mentioned was the ability to synch with the Web. This sounded nice, but at the time was not worth paying for the software all over again as they were not offering any kind of upgrade pricing.

Today, I decided to upgrade for ONE reason - to synch my web and PC. Not only is it telling me that I have to pay an extra $5.49 every month to use the only new feature of a program that I paid $29.95 for, but literally minutes (I downloaded and installed the software and upon being told I needed a "Premium" account I went back to the website) after I bought it, they dropped the price 67% to $19.95.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cranberryfrog
Is there a discount for people upgrading? What is in the new version that isn't in version 1? I tried emailing support and didn't get an answer.

michele
Upgrade from version 1 to version 2? more than a change in version 1, right

Last edited by Kathy13118; 11-28-2014 at 03:02 AM. Reason: removed link