Notices

adding recipes

Old 04-28-2010, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Red face adding recipes

I am new to this site...I have journaled before (but was paying $ to do so) and I was wondering if you can add a recipe on this site and it will break down the nutrition/calories per serving etc. to add to your journal. Would appreciate it if someone could tell me if and how this is possible. I sooo want to stop paying for my other journaling site but it does let you do the recipe thing. thanks so much
Old 05-04-2010, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

I would love to know the answer to this question as most of what I eat are not single components.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Under the "custom Foods" discussion, I learned that some folks first go to a free "recipe calculator" website, input their recipe and get the nutritional breakdown, then use that information to create a FitDay custom food. All FitDay custom foods are by default "1 serving" and you can't speify the serving size, so use your typical serving size and include that info in the custom food title. FoOr example, Custom Food title "Chicken Salad 1/2 cup".
Old 11-03-2010, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Wow... how lame is this. Have the developers of FitDay not figured out what a recipe is...???? That is SOOO basic to cooking and food tracking.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:40 PM
FitDay Member

I swear this site used to do this. I've been using it off and on for a long time. But I can't find the recipe function. Maybe it was somewhere else? Looking forward to hearing the answer.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Spark

The website Sparkpeople might help. I still prefer Fitday for my overall needs but that site does allow you to create recipes. Hope you find this helpful.

- PEACE -