Notices

Lifestyle ???

Old 06-24-2010, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default Lifestyle ???

I joined up a few years ago and must have made a mistake on lifestyle link and can't figure out how to change or delete this. It has me at standing 24 hours a day?????? and buring up tons of calories. Can anyone help me in changing this?

It shows up in the Activities link.

Thank you
Old 06-25-2010, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

You might have entered strenuous work under your lifestyle, which you can change by going to PROFILE and then LIFESTYLE ACTIVITY LEVEL. I hope that's what the problem was and you can fix it!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

You can also go to the Activities tab, from the menu on the left choose 'Customize Metabolism'. This will open a screen with the activity level choices at the bottom. Choose the appropriate one and save. Hope this helps.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default still can't figure it out!

Thanks for your replies. I tried both of them.

I guess what I need to change is the "hours". It reads 24:00, obviously, I am not standing for 24 hours. What does your lifestyle say? It doesn't even give the option to delete it.

Thanks again.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

You'll need to enter time spent doing other things, such as sleeping or sitting in front of the television. Any time spent doing something other than your "lifestyle" activity will be deducted from 24-hour default. I sit at a desk most of the day during the week, so I selected sitting with some movement, but after entering time sleeping, walking the dog, cooking dinner, etc., the lifestyle hours are reduced to a number approximating the time spent sitting.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

After tracking my calories and weight for almost 6 months I chose to use a custom metabolism rate. I worked through the numbers and ended up subtracting about 80 calories from the Mifflin calculation. I have Sedentary as lifestyle because I am in front of a computer all day at work. I chose this method as it allows me to enter only my exercise and large out of the ordinary tasks (like cutting down trees) and I don't have to enter sleep and mundane tasks.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Light bulb goes on!

Ok, I understand now..I have to enter everything I do during the day. Kindof a pain in the butt, but I will do it and also try the Mifflin equation way too.

Thanks for your helpful insights!