Tracking Sugar Intake >

Tracking Sugar Intake

Community
Notices

Tracking Sugar Intake

Old 09-30-2015, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Question Tracking Sugar Intake

I'm testing the free online Log functionality, and when adding a new food, Sugars are not tracked, only generic grams coming from carbohydrates. Is this accurate? I don't see it on the custom nutrition goals either.
Thanks.
Luis.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

Sugar is not tracked.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Wish they would add sugar tracking. Just found out I am Pre-diabetic and am going to need to add sugar intake for tracking. Might have to find a new tracking site that includes sugar. Am bummed, I like fitly...
Old 12-02-2017, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

i agree, its kinda bullshit they do not track sugar.

probably the same reason when you look on the back of packages and the % of sugar is never mentioned in the breakdown
Old 03-26-2018, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar listings

Sugar in grams is ALWAYS listed on food labels. Right under total Carbohydrates. They do not list a %. You want to know grams.

Being a diabetic myself, I can tell you the most important things for me to look at on the label are:

Calories
Carboghydrates
Fiber
Sugar
Protein

Sugar is not listed as a % for a very good reason. % amount is what % of your daily value is this item. Sugar is NEVER any % of anyone's daily value for good health! Many things like fruits already have fructose or sucrose in them. Keep the grams low. But, more importantly WATCH the carbs!!!! They are enemy #1 for diabetics. Most foods are way too high in carbs.

Do yourself a favor and get some really good books on diabetes and go to a couple of diabetic classes. You will be amazed at what lurks in your food to "getcha". Read up on how to read a nutritional label. Lots of good info there...ya just have to know how to interpret it.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

it should be tracked
Old 03-27-2018, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Definitely there should be a place to track the sugar content of any item. However, to do so looks like it would take a large revamping of the program to be able to include it on graphs, charts, and trackers. What I REALLY would like to see would be a place to record at least 2 readings a day of your blood sugar. This is vital for diabetics to know and track and in my mind, a major failing of this program.

To get around it....I note in in my daily diary. But that does not give me a tracking line to see how it goes up or down or what my avg is. I also created a dynamic excel sheet/graph to track it there. Combine the two, and I am pretty set.

Shadow