Notices

Farewell Fitday

Old 05-31-2015, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Farewell Fitday

I've used Fitday PC since 2010. Since 2011, I've waited for an update and an Android app. I never had an interest in Fitday online, because I didn't notice any particular additional features that would encourage me to do so.

It's now 2015, and I see an IOS app, but no Android app and no update for the desktop software. I give up. Or rather, I gave up last Monday when I started a one-month subscription to Cronometer to evaluate its usefulness. It became immediately apparent that it would do everything I want to do, so I will move to an annual subscription.

Even without the desktop application, it's much more useful than Fitday, most particularly because it has a companion app for Android.

Patience is a virtue, but I think four years of waiting for what will never come is enough.

Fare thee well, Fitday. No fare thee well to you, Internet Brands. It is inexcusable that you've done no work on these aspects of the product for all this time.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:58 AM
Administrator

Fitday does have an Android app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.fitday&hl=en

Originally Posted by RhondaLeaKirk
I've used Fitday PC since 2010. Since 2011, I've waited for an update and an Android app. I never had an interest in Fitday online, because I didn't notice any particular additional features that would encourage me to do so.

It's now 2015, and I see an IOS app, but no Android app and no update for the desktop software. I give up. Or rather, I gave up last Monday when I started a one-month subscription to Cronometer to evaluate its usefulness. It became immediately apparent that it would do everything I want to do, so I will move to an annual subscription.

Even without the desktop application, it's much more useful than Fitday, most particularly because it has a companion app for Android.

Patience is a virtue, but I think four years of waiting for what will never come is enough.

Fare thee well, Fitday. No fare thee well to you, Internet Brands. It is inexcusable that you've done no work on these aspects of the product for all this time.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:43 PM
FitDay Member

Well, it has a v1.2 app with 2.4 stars, which was last updated about 8 months ago. I had concerns about syncing with FitDay PC, so I never bothered.

And, as previously mentioned, there's no update to Fitday PC in sight.

In the meantime, Cronometer works perfectly for my needs.

The choice of food diary software is very individual, because all of us value different features. At the time I purchased FitDay, I recommended it to many people over and above every other offering out there. The lack of updates was a big disappointment to me--every time I open the program, I feel like I'm back in 1995. Just the inability to scroll through the lists with the mouse wheel is a big annoyance to me, along with similar programming issues. I found one bug that consistently made the program quit (and should not have). That was probably right after I first got the program, and it still isn't fixed.

FitDay does many things, but the lack of updating is a major issue. It's just not right for me anymore, and in the future, I won't be recommending it as I did before.