Notices

Alphabetize Custom Foods

Old 05-26-2015, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Default Alphabetize Custom Foods

Although I've looked and it states that if you cap your custom food it's alphabetized, mine aren't.
No where custom or favorites are sorted, what can I do?
Old 05-27-2015, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

How do you enter the title for a food when you make it a custom food?

The foods you enter should show up in alphabetical order.

Don't have all the letters in large caps (only because it's not necessary and I believe it makes them harder to read - as if they are all shouting!)

If you have a food that begins with a number (for example, 0% fat Samolian yogurt), it will appear at the beginning of your custom foods.
Then other number-beginning foods will follow until you run out of number-beginning entries.

The next group of foods that will follow, in alphabetical order, will be foods that have the first letter in large caps (for example, Green Valley pistachio bread). The 'G' is what counts.

When you don't see a food showing up that you are sure you entered, (it should be right after Green Valley pistachio bread because it is Green Valley pistachio soup, for example), then scroll to the bottom of your custom foods.

If you entered a food with the first letter in small caps (green valley pistachio soup), the 'g' is what counts because it is the first letter and it will be in a group of entries that follows the group of entries that start with large caps ('G').

You can enter the custom food any way you'd like. Some people have come up with ways to categorize foods using a system that uses these rules. For example: you could make all the foods that are on your particular diet plan a group - by making them start with lower caps.

If you are not adding to your food log right away, don't forget to click on 'create this food.'

Last edited by Kathy13118; 05-27-2015 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
How do you enter the title for a food when you make it a custom food?

The foods you enter should show up in alphabetical order.

Don't have all the letters in large caps (only because it's not necessary and I believe it makes them harder to read - as if they are all shouting!)

If you have a food that begins with a number (for example, 0% fat Samolian yogurt), it will appear at the beginning of your custom foods.
Then other number-beginning foods will follow until you run out of number-beginning entries.

The next group of foods that will follow, in alphabetical order, will be foods that have the first letter in large caps (for example, Green Valley pistachio bread). The 'G' is what counts.

When you don't see a food showing up that you are sure you entered, (it should be right after Green Valley pistachio bread because it is Green Valley pistachio soup, for example), then scroll to the bottom of your custom foods.

If you entered a food with the first letter in small caps (green valley pistachio soup), the 'g' is what counts because it is the first letter and it will be in a group of entries that follows the group of entries that start with large caps ('G').

You can enter the custom food any way you'd like. Some people have come up with ways to categorize foods using a system that uses these rules. For example: you could make all the foods that are on your particular diet plan a group - by making them start with lower caps.

If you are not adding to your food log right away, don't forget to click on 'create this food.'
Still not working. I choose new custom , first letter in caps and nothing happens, it still appears at the end of the list.
Please advice.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

One other thing: if there is a space before the first letter, that puts the entry at the top of the list, where a space (in the first spot) precedes a letter.

So- space, number, large cap, small cap.

Is it that all the custom foods are in random order? Or some are out of place?

Also, you are talking about the list of foods you see when you click on 'custom foods,' right? The foods that show up in your food log won't be alphabetized; they list in the order they were added.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 05-29-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

I realize now that you are using Fitday PC. Is that right?

Sorry! I am actually not using Fitday PC.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
One other thing: if there is a space before the first letter, that puts the entry at the top of the list, where a space (in the first spot) precedes a letter.

So- space, number, large cap, small cap.

Is it that all the custom foods are in random order? Or some are out of place?

Also, you are talking about the list of foods you see when you click on 'custom foods,' right? The foods that show up in your food log won't be alphabetized; they list in the order they were added.
Thanks for the reply.
-I'm using the PC Fitday
-All my custom foods are random and all last entries go to the end of the line
-I'm referring to the list of custom foods
I've tried your space- Cap for the entries and it's the same, no alphabetical order, the entry is still last.
Any other idea of what could be wrong?

Thanks