Notices

FitDay says Broccoli has 5g of fat?

Old 06-25-2013, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

Question FitDay says Broccoli has 5g of fat?

New here, what am I doing wrong? I put in Broccoli and it came up with 1 cup cooked 5 grams of fat and 103 calories? And Broccoli raw comes us as 30 calories and 0.3g fat.

I steamed my broccoli and so which is it?

I thought this free site would be easy to use like the Weight Watchers Etools, but it is not.
Thanks,
Moe
Old 06-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Broccoli, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt

A large stalk of broccoli, boiled with some salt, no butter - has 1 gram of fat.

Vegetables do have fat, even without fat added. Almost every food has fat, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it). This is the single best reason I have for avoiding added fats. Nice to have, but you already get fats contained in plain unadorned foods!

I like WW database and how it works, but I like the graphics here (the pie chart for calorie intake gives me a ton of information with just one look...)
Old 06-25-2013, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Smile follow raw listing

As long as you steam your vegetables and dont add anything, butter, etc.. then use the "raw" listing for that vegetable. Just measure the vegetables out while they are in raw form first, because you can definitely fit a bit more cooked broccoli into a cup than you can raw, but not enough that it will really change cals that much. I've heard from other users that the database assumes you cook in butter, so adds that fat into the equation. So, like I said, just go by raw listing. Hope this helps.