FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Custom Foods (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/)
-   -   Why do my calories in overview not match my food log? (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/923-why-do-my-calories-overview-not-match-my-food-log.html)

bidchick14 04-23-2010 02:04 AM

Why do my calories in overview not match my food log?

Hi all - new to Fitday and I have a question for you experienced users. Why is it that the total calories for the day as shown in my "Overview" do not match the total calories as shown in my food log? I have been on for 4 days now and only one day matched up correctly. Anyone else having this issue?? Thanks!!:)

blackrhino2 04-23-2010 02:13 AM

hi bidchick, the cals listed on your "overview" page are the average number of cals you've consumed, not the actual number of cals you consumed on any particular day. so it's likely the avg of 4 days for you. or maybe they just avg them for the week? i can't tell what the time span is for how they avg, esp if you've been on for many months. not sure if they store all the data.

blackrhino2 04-23-2010 02:17 AM

i just realized something i had missed before:

you can have the overview page show you average cals for: today, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc, up to 2 months. it is underlined towards the top of the page. just click on whatever time frame you prefer to get the avg cals/nutrients.

i guess you can't go back further than 2 months.

bidchick14 04-24-2010 06:37 PM

Thanks Julia! Boy do I feel like an airhead. :D I am still trying to figure things out but so far I like it. I have a bunch of weight to lose! Congrats on almost making it to your goal weight!!!

Jodi

2Bees 06-14-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackrhino2 (Post 9130)
i just realized something i had missed before:

you can have the overview page show you average cals for: today, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc, up to 2 months. it is underlined towards the top of the page. just click on whatever time frame you prefer to get the avg cals/nutrients.

i guess you can't go back further than 2 months.

If you back click on the calendar date to take you back a month then click on the report it will give you a report from the earlier period.