Notices

Tuna avocado sandwich

Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tuna avocado sandwich

Hi, fellow forum members,

Could you please tell me the nutrients of a tuna avocado sandwich? Below are the ingredients:

Chunk light tuna in oil
Onions
Organic avocado
Parmesan cheese
Sea salt
Black pepper
Toasted wheat bread

I hope to hear from you soon!

Behlor
Old 11-30-2012, 01:16 AM

to get the nutrients on that you would need to know the weights and measurements of the components. How much tuna? packed in water or oil? What does the label say on the bread? How much does the avocado weigh? You have to take each component and then add the nutrients of all the items together.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Weighing is important. Then, as you listed each ingredient, do the search for each in your food log and add the amount of the ingredient (e.g. toasted whole wheat bread, 2 slices) to your food log. You don't need to add them separately and then add 'tuna and avocado sandwich' as a custom food - for the purposes of coming up with a calorie count. If you want a calorie count for the sandwich , it's easily done with pencil and paper, after you've added the ingredients to the food log.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the advice, lcriswell and kathy... now I posted my sandwich on the custom list, and enjoyed it for B and L!

Behlor
Old 01-12-2013, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by peachtreesnyc
Thanks for the advice, lcriswell and kathy... now I posted my sandwich on the custom list, and enjoyed it for B and L!

Behlor
If you eat this at home sometimes, its actually quite nice wrapped into a 'cone' with nori, the thin seaweed papery stuff that is used for making sushi - its a bit crunchy, saves tons of caarbs and gives a lot of iodine and other minerals which can otherwise be hard to get. (which reminds me, I need to look up values for one nori sheet!-- if I cn't find it in fitday, I'll get it off the packt and post it here.)
Old 01-12-2013, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

I HAVE looked up nori in fitday, and its listed under 'seaweed' as 'laver' -- just in case nyone wants to go a bit japanese <G>. Very low in gms, but if you like seaweed, it would add up a bit as no one eats one sheet of the stuff