FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Custom Foods (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/)
-   -   Subway Sandwiches? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/860-subway-sandwiches.html)

FozzyNOK 04-14-2010 11:31 AM

Subway Sandwiches?

I cannot find the subway sandwiches to add to the foods list. Do they exist or do I have to dissect the sandwich and figure out everything on it and add it ingredient by ingredient?? A 6" turkey sandwich with nothing but veggies and mustard would take more time to enter in than to eat it?!?!?:eek:

paddyleigh 04-14-2010 11:47 AM

you can go to the subway website and get the info then just add it to 'create custom foods'

FattyNatty29 04-14-2010 12:43 PM

Yea I had a turkey today too. I picked up a nutrition pamphlet at the store and just entered it as a custom food. It was super fast cuz it was right in front of me. I think subway should definately be on the food list tho. I live in the country and all we have out here fast food wise is subway and sonic. which are just brand new over the past year:)

FozzyNOK 04-15-2010 05:40 AM

I'll have to do that

I'll have to create a few customs then. I do not have cheese or mayo on them and as many veggies as they can cram on them.. a little mustard on the turkey, but the chicken is left dry. - Thanks for the input.

avelina 04-16-2010 08:21 AM

I wish there was a way we could copy custom foods from each other without having to re-enter it all. I've had a 6" Turkey sub without cheese or condiments on my custom food list forever and I'd love to share it...but fitday doesn't seem to have a way to do that (yet).

cathy586 10-12-2010 07:48 AM

No Brand Name Fast Food Categories?

I would absolutely love to see a fast food category. Just like everyone was saying about Subway's. Then have the 6" Turkey and be able to click on and "add" additional condiments! That would really help everyone! Fitday should add that. Let's all email [email protected] and request it. If enough of us ask for it, maybe they will put it on. I would even pay for the Premium site if they offer that option.

Success to ALL!!!

Lizzycritter 10-12-2010 11:40 AM

When I go to a restaurant, I open their nutritional info in a second browser window, customize it to the way I ordered it, and add it as a custom food. Since I tend to eat the same things each time I go, it's really not that much of a pain, and certainly easier than trying to dissect what was in the sandwich and entering in the separate ingredients. I eat Subway and Taco Bell's fresco menu fairly often, my work schedule sometimes doesn't leave much room for food prep or shopping. And sometimes I'm just plain lazy :o

Sallywilson 02-01-2011 08:08 AM

You will have to make it a custom food of your own. Go to the Web Site for Subway's nutritional info. then take your regular items that you usually get and find out what the calories are for them. Nothing is ever 100% correct with the calories so just add them up with the label for your subway sandwich and it should be more accurate.

path75 02-02-2011 03:40 AM

I too create a custom food since I usually just get the chicken sub and no cheese. You have to watch because some veges you think are lo cal are higher in calories. I did not realize how many calories are in olives and love them on my sub.

mecompco 02-02-2011 03:47 AM

I like Subway, but they put all sorts of junk into their bread and meats. I usually get the black forest ham for the little shot of protein.

Regards,
Michael

Sweetvirgo123 02-04-2011 04:10 AM

I know. They make it sound really healthy but if you look at the nutritional value, there's a lot of sodium in their buns and when combined with everything else, you can easily consume more than 50% of the daily requirement in one meal.

pjh139psu 03-30-2011 10:11 AM

So who eats the bread? :D I have mine made into a Salad. Lose the bread, lose the calories.;)

Sure beats McDee's where I can have one hamburger and a glass of water or one small order of french fries with a glass of water or one yogurt parfait with a glass of water. [or unsweetened ice tea instead of the water] :mad:

ba_feitl 04-04-2011 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by pjh139psu (Post 41847)
So who eats the bread? :D I have mine made into a Salad. Lose the bread, lose the calories.;)

How do they make a salad? That sounds like a good idea but I'm curious how they package it or how to order it?

Brad

Ratsmouth 04-04-2011 08:27 AM

I took off 30 lb. having lunch at SubWay, so as fast food goes, it's pretty darn good, and you can load it up with veggies and get your quota in for the day! Either order it as a salad or just ask them to sort of hollow out the bread so you're not getting all the extra. I was in line one day and saw a local doctor come in and ask to have his bread hollowed out. In fact, I just had a SubWay sub for lunch. Black Forest ham. 290 calories. Go easy on the condiments.

mecompco 04-05-2011 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ratsmouth (Post 42543)
I took off 30 lb. having lunch at SubWay, so as fast food goes, it's pretty darn good, and you can load it up with veggies and get your quota in for the day! Either order it as a salad or just ask them to sort of hollow out the bread so you're not getting all the extra. I was in line one day and saw a local doctor come in and ask to have his bread hollowed out. In fact, I just had a SubWay sub for lunch. Black Forest ham. 290 calories. Go easy on the condiments.

I usually get the BF ham as there is less crap in it than, say, the "chicken" product patty thing. It's too bad they couldn't do better on the bread. I don't eat out often enough to worry about it, really. I agree as fast food joints go, it's probably the best of the lot. I do really load up on the veggies and if I've got the cals left, might even leave the cheese on. I usually do plain mustard and some of the hot relish that I love.

Regards,
Michael

Florida Ray 07-10-2011 05:58 AM

When I go to Subway, I do not have any mayo, just the mustard. I also have all the veggies. I have been selecting the Black Forest Ham and the Whole Wheat bread. So far, I have always added the American Cheese, but at some point I hope I am able to tell them to leave the cheese off. Not there yet...

VitoVino 07-27-2011 03:15 AM

Use These Hoagie Calculators

If you like hoagie sandwiches but can't find any nutritional value on a store bought one (like Walmart's 'Marketside'), or are making a homemade sub, you may find the following calculators very helpful for estimates on caloric value:

BLIMPIE: Blimpie Sub Calorie Calculator - Eddie On Everything

SUBWAY: Subway Sandwich Calorie & Carb Nutrition Calculator - Eddie On Everything

Cheers!

VitoVino 09-03-2011 04:50 AM

L-Carnitine Calculator

And here's a decent L-Carnitine calculator. They say if you're using this amino acid to help burn fat, you need at least 1000 mg/day. I take a supplement (1500/day) and I think it's been helping with energy/fat burning.

Energy from fat - Calculator

21jamira 09-20-2011 12:46 PM

All those places are very good and low in calories, fat, sugars but the sodium levels are CRAZy high!