FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Custom Foods (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/)
-   -   Subway Sandwiches? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/860-subway-sandwiches.html)

Sweetvirgo123 02-04-2011 04:10 AM

I know. They make it sound really healthy but if you look at the nutritional value, there's a lot of sodium in their buns and when combined with everything else, you can easily consume more than 50% of the daily requirement in one meal.

pjh139psu 03-30-2011 10:11 AM

So who eats the bread? :D I have mine made into a Salad. Lose the bread, lose the calories.;)

Sure beats McDee's where I can have one hamburger and a glass of water or one small order of french fries with a glass of water or one yogurt parfait with a glass of water. [or unsweetened ice tea instead of the water] :mad:

ba_feitl 04-04-2011 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by pjh139psu (Post 41847)
So who eats the bread? :D I have mine made into a Salad. Lose the bread, lose the calories.;)

How do they make a salad? That sounds like a good idea but I'm curious how they package it or how to order it?

Brad

Ratsmouth 04-04-2011 08:27 AM

I took off 30 lb. having lunch at SubWay, so as fast food goes, it's pretty darn good, and you can load it up with veggies and get your quota in for the day! Either order it as a salad or just ask them to sort of hollow out the bread so you're not getting all the extra. I was in line one day and saw a local doctor come in and ask to have his bread hollowed out. In fact, I just had a SubWay sub for lunch. Black Forest ham. 290 calories. Go easy on the condiments.

mecompco 04-05-2011 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ratsmouth (Post 42543)
I took off 30 lb. having lunch at SubWay, so as fast food goes, it's pretty darn good, and you can load it up with veggies and get your quota in for the day! Either order it as a salad or just ask them to sort of hollow out the bread so you're not getting all the extra. I was in line one day and saw a local doctor come in and ask to have his bread hollowed out. In fact, I just had a SubWay sub for lunch. Black Forest ham. 290 calories. Go easy on the condiments.

I usually get the BF ham as there is less crap in it than, say, the "chicken" product patty thing. It's too bad they couldn't do better on the bread. I don't eat out often enough to worry about it, really. I agree as fast food joints go, it's probably the best of the lot. I do really load up on the veggies and if I've got the cals left, might even leave the cheese on. I usually do plain mustard and some of the hot relish that I love.

Regards,
Michael

Florida Ray 07-10-2011 05:58 AM

When I go to Subway, I do not have any mayo, just the mustard. I also have all the veggies. I have been selecting the Black Forest Ham and the Whole Wheat bread. So far, I have always added the American Cheese, but at some point I hope I am able to tell them to leave the cheese off. Not there yet...

VitoVino 07-27-2011 03:15 AM

Use These Hoagie Calculators

If you like hoagie sandwiches but can't find any nutritional value on a store bought one (like Walmart's 'Marketside'), or are making a homemade sub, you may find the following calculators very helpful for estimates on caloric value:

BLIMPIE: Blimpie Sub Calorie Calculator - Eddie On Everything

SUBWAY: Subway Sandwich Calorie & Carb Nutrition Calculator - Eddie On Everything

Cheers!

VitoVino 09-03-2011 04:50 AM

L-Carnitine Calculator

And here's a decent L-Carnitine calculator. They say if you're using this amino acid to help burn fat, you need at least 1000 mg/day. I take a supplement (1500/day) and I think it's been helping with energy/fat burning.

Energy from fat - Calculator

21jamira 09-20-2011 12:46 PM

All those places are very good and low in calories, fat, sugars but the sodium levels are CRAZy high!