Community
Notices

Chicken Tenderloins

Old 09-26-2012, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Chicken Tenderloins

I cooked fresh boneless,skinless Chicken Tenderloins.
I was sure I would find that in the food results.I couldn't.Am I just looking for the wrong thing?I searched Chicken.I searched Tenderloins.Not there.I did find Chicken Tenderloins on another site.But I would be surprised if it's not on Fitday.It's such a common food.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodBr...rws-fldchicken
Old 09-26-2012, 07:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Fatcatnap,
Since the tenderloin is simply part of the breast, I just use something like "Chicken breast, boneless, raw, yield after skin removed" (can't get the link to work!). Anyway, as long as the calories are the same as what's on the package (about 25 calories per ounce), I tend not to get too freaked out about the particulars. This is one of those foods where you can easily get good at eyeballing portion sizes. Each one of those "fingers" is about 2-3 ounces (the way I buy them), so two makes a good main course for me. I love cooking with these things; they're cheaper, they thaw from the freezer in no time, and they are more tender than the rest of the breast.

One delicious way I've been eating them is with a terragon mustard sauce. I discovered the recipe from Martha Stewart of all places! Cook the tenderloins in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil, remove them and pour about 1/2 cup of white wine or chicken broth into the hot pan. Whisk up all the "bits" leftover from the chicken. Wait until it reduces a bit, whisk in a dollop of half and half (Martha's recipe, of course, uses a lot more) and a tablespoon or two of Dijon mustard. Keep whisking and add a little bit of fresh terragon (thyme is also good). Drizzle the sauce over the chicken, serve with asparagus or greens and a piece of fruit and you're good to go!

Hope that helps!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the info.I looked up the brand of chicken,Sanderson Farms,and found the nutrition information there.

Thanks,SailorDoom.That sounds like a good recipe.I may have to try that some time.
I just sprayed a non stick grill pan with olive oil, and put salt,and pepper,and dried onions on them.It's amazing how much flavor onions will add.
Had them with a sweet potato,and kale.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Yum!

I always find meat and poultry is easier to find if I use the browse menu. For Chicken I would choose Browse, Poultry, Chicken, an then find Breast, Fried no coating,(skin not eaten). That gets me close enough.