Notices

searching food log

Old 07-02-2012, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default searching food log

I just signed up on this site and started adding the food I had for breakfast to my log. I am going to add my protein shake to it later and not sure which one on the list to choose. I use Syntha-6 lean muscle protein powder Strawberry Milk Shake flavor. It says on the label that one scoop is approx. 22g or protein. not exactly sure how many calories that is. Does say on the label that 200 calories total and 50 cals. from fat. I also add a cup of raw oats and a banana in my shake as well. I am guessing that I have to add the oats and banana separately to the list. Hope someone can help me out here. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

You can build a recipe that incorporates your shake and the additions to it. First, make a custom food for your shake, using the information from the label. Then, go to a blank day in your food log (in the future), add the shake, oats, and banana, and then take the resultant totals to create your new custom food that incorporates all those things.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the info. I started to do that yesterday, but noticed that some of the things on the protein powder's label were not on the custom food log. If I am unable to ad them, would that make the calorie count not accurate?
Old 07-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

If the calories are there (and they should be!), the calorie count is accurate. The stuff that wouldn't be accurate would be the stuff that's on the protein powder label and not in FitDay's chart. In short, calories would be accurate, some of the more obscure nutrition stuff wouldn't be.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

for some reason, my reply I thought I posted yesterday didn't post. I'll try it again. As I mentioned before, the directions say to use 1 scoop (22g) mixed with whatever beverage, I use whole milk...the total serving size says 44g...I am wondering if the 200 cals are for the 44g and half of that for 22g??? Thanks again for the help.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Whatever the serving size is on your package, the calories listed corresponds to that. If you use twice the serving size listed, double the calories (or enter two servings). If you use half the serving size, halve the calories (or enter .5 servings). If what you use is the same as the serving size, enter the calories indicated for the serving size. Don't forget to add in the nutritional info from your milk as well.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks. Got confused when it said serving size 44g and the directions said to use 1 scoop which was 22g...